RCCL Arrival in Rome port (Civi) - timing question

JenMJM

For those of you who have have arrived back to Civitavecchia on your RCCL cruise, how has disembarkation gone? Is it pretty quick? We are on Rhapsody later this year and will be taking a train from port to Venice (via a stopover in Rome). Our ship docks at 5am. Is it a safe assumption that we could be off the ship around 8am if we carry our luggage off? Or does it take longer than that to clear passengers there?

I debated asking this on the Italy board, but was hoping to get some Royal Caribbean-specific responses here.

Thought I would ask this question....I am curious how early we are able to board the ship in Civi. We are on the Allure this summer and want to board as early as possible.

It may have to be a wait a few weeks to find out question, with some passengers being continuous (boarding a Barcelona and leaving at Barcelona) it may not be the same as traditional boarding days. However rooms probably still won't be available till 1pm.

Once you get off the ship and you are on your own, there is a port shuttle to take you to the front of the port. From there it is a 10 minute walk to the Civi train station. At the Civi train station make sure you get the ticket that allows you to use the metro in Rome also for the day.