Dream vs Freedom with 10 & 7 year old boys

Jrw118

I am on the carnival freedom any grand scenic oceanview room but I am strongly considering switching to the dream in a cold balcony. I am traveling with my two sons who are seven and 10 years old as well as my husband. Any thoughts?

I cannot compare the Freedom as we have never been on it, however, we just got off the Dream this past Sunday and we had a FANTASTIC time. We have two boys (ages 6 & 8) and they had a blast on the multiple slides, mini-golf, Club Carnival, etc... We also stayed in a cove balcony and it was one of our favorite rooms. It was so quiet and seemed like a little getaway within the vacation. Again, we have not been on the Freedom, but we loved the Dream and would/will go on it again.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
I am on the carnival freedom any grand scenic oceanview room but I am strongly considering switching to the dream in a cold balcony. I am traveling with my two sons who are seven and 10 years old as well as my husband. Any thoughts?

My boys were your kids age at the time ---> they loved "Dream"!

I have been on both ships. I prefer the Freedom over the Dream. However, since you have kids the Dream might be better since it has more to offer for them. The Cove Balcony is also amazing! If you want to sail out of Galveston you can also consider the Magic. It has the Waterworks and the Sports Square (Dream doesn't have Sports Square). It also has the Cove Balcony.

Edited by cruiser fanatic