Cabins 11708 and 11108 Breakaway

danyel

• 1 month later...

Still hoping to learn more about these cabins. Trying to get a balcony near entrance to an inside cabin for my two teen daughters. Has anybody any experience staying in first forward cabin? Deck plans look like there could be an obstruction from front of ship on balcony.

We're staying in 10712 this March on the BA, just 1 deck starboard side, ours is almost directly (if not mistaken) below yours - there's really no obstructions to be worried about. If you follow my SIGnature below to the linked review, there are some additional pictures from our BD balcony looking out - nothing to really block your views.

Look up at this picture, 4 decks up on those balconies and yours should be the 2nd. balcony from the front of the ship. The Haven suite on the corner has the cropped/angled steel frame with some blockage of the view - yours have the full rectangular ceiling to floor sliding door views.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140327_BA_SS.jpg

Edited by mking8288

mking8288, thank you so much for taking the time to walk me through this. I wasn't sure which balcony was mine and didn't want the angled one. I loved your pictures and review. Thank you for sharing!

if you count up 4 decks - those with balconies, or down 4 decks from the top of the picture - that's deck 11, yours is not an angled balcony, only those on deck 8 (suite) and 9 (regular balcony w. angled one) have it. Start with the front or right side of the picture, I believed yours should be the 2nd. one - regular sized balcony with room for 2 chairs only (and, a very, very small end table) The balcony just forward of it has the slanted part of ship's steel hull sloping downward - I am under the impression that's the Haven corner suite, but I could be wrong on that - if mistaken, then it's "your" cabin - you are almost directly over the extended part of the ship's navigational bridge extension on the side of the ship.

If you're to stand on "your" balcony & look down below, the angled balcony & angled mini-suite (deck 8) would be just in front of you. It's a good & healthy walk from the FWD elevator & stairs, DW counted about 145 steps and with 15' waves, you will feel some pitching or vertical up & down motion, not a big deal at all for this sized mega-ships. The only vibration is when the ship is docking & the bow thrusters are in full powered on mode to assist in turning & rotating the ship, amazing moves - otherwise, hallways are quiet & very little foot traffic, IMO. Enjoy your cruise.

Mking8288- Thank you so much! I called and you are correct. The angled room is a Haven. I had also wondered about being so far forward but with all of the food we will be exposed to the walking sounds like a plus especially if it is a quiet area. I don't think I will try to find different cabins after your positive input.