Question about the Fairmont Olympic

rwams

Hello all, I haven't been to downtown Seattle since 1972, we will be on a pre cruise day staying at the Fairmont Olympic and was wondering about the hotel and the proxemity of Pike Place, Pioneer Square for sight seeing. Will be arriving May 15th. Any help would be appreciated. :)

The hotel web site has a map that shows the hotel location and the Market.

Walk 2 blocks north to Pike then 3 blocks west to 1st Ave.

http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/map/map-and-directions/

Pioneer Square is a very long walk ... take a cab $10. Seattle is pretty compact so a cab anywhere downtown will be around $10-$15.

(BTW, when you walk 2 blocks to Pike you're almost at Westlake Center, which is where you catch the monorail to Seattle Center/Space Needle.)

You are in a perfect location! One block away (on 3rd) is the University Street bus/light rail station (located underground). One station north is the Westlake Station. One station south is the Pioneer Square station. Two stations south and you are in the International District. Very easy!

Also, when you would rather take a car, make sure to have the Uber app downloaded on your phone (assuming you have a smartphone). UberX is so much cheaper than a taxi, includes tip, and no money changes hands (it's all linked on your credit card). I can't tell you how many arguments I have gotten in with taxi drivers because I don't have cash, I'm not going far enough, or I have a taxi voucher. Just not worth it!

Hope that is helpful!