Chances of upgrade when already have cabin number

lynnek

One assumes you paid a select fare as you had a cabin number from booking.

Depends on how well your cruise is selling as to the chance of upgrading.

You will have have first dibs to upgrades if there are actually any going.

Nearer to sailing date you will have saver fares come out. These people will likely have paid less than you. If they talk about upgrades that is because they can only book a cabin type..inside..outside..balcony.

Price would be for fore..aft low down of their type.any move to midships or higher deck is considered by p and o as an upgrade.

Dependant on the cabin you have booked the above would also apply to you.

I think p and o also seem to do upselling, where they ring you and offer you a better cabin, but at a cost to you.

I have booked an inside cabin on Brittannia and already have my cabin number from booking. I wondered if anyone has ever had an upgrade once they have an allocated cabin?

Yes. Actually I suspect they only upgrade select fares anyway, or at least they are prioritised over savers, that would be reasonable.

It happened to us. We didn't realise until we were on board which caused a minor delay because our cases were tagged with the old cabin. It was just "done", we didn't get any letter advising us of it particularly.

I have no idea why though ; it was our second cruise and the first one was a short 4 dayer so it's not like we are regular customers (yet !)

It may be completely random.

Booked select in January balcony P&O rang me just after I'd paid balance asking if I would like to upgrade to a mini suite for £200, which I did then a week before sailing had a free upgrade to full suite. I've also been upgraded at checkin with Cunard.