Constellation 11/19-11/26 2005

KevBew

We were on the Const. its first month at sea and loved it. You need to see if the captain's wife is traveling with him and try to meet her. She is such a hoot, it has been a couple of years since we met her and we still exchange emails. If you are so lucky to meet with her give her a hug for us. Her name is Joyce.

keep on cruising,

Robb and Tony

• 1 month later...

Are you first or second seating? We're first seating. It's the other half's first time and he HATES the idea of dressing for dinner. We may do the casual option a few nights rather than make him suffer through four nights of wearing a tie and jacket. If not before dinner maybe in the afternoon on the first or second day?

Cool, I think we are scheduled for the first seating but have requested the second seating. We tend to eat later and later. On Saturday 11/19, Beau's flight (USAirways from PHL) arrives around 2:15 and mine (Helta from ATL) about 2:30.

Truthfully, my favorite time after boarding is going to one of the deck bars, drinking multiple cocktails and people watching. I had been chatting with someone from this board, prior to an Alaskian cruise. They happened by, and without ever seeing one another's photograph, knew instantly who the other was, too funny.

Jeff

hey guys -- we'll be right next to you on embarkation day. We won a free cruise on Serenade of the Seas from Lifetime: Television for Women :-) . We really love the Constellation and will be back aboard this March.

We've had no luck finding any "family" on our Serenade cruise, though. Bummer.

Kev, hope your other half enjoys the cruise. Don't see how he couldn't. Dressing up is not so bad. But, I wear jeans most days to work, so I guess it's a bit of a novelty to me.

Jeff:

We're taking the overnighter from SFO thru IAD due into SJU at 1 the afternoon of departure. We'll probably board and grab some decent food. Joe will probably crash for a while after that so I will be exploring on my own. Maybe we can "spot" each other then. Let's set up a time and place just in case the gay-dar isn't working.

Darren:

There will probably be some, it seems there always are a few here and there.;) If not you're bound to have a great time. It seems like both ships are having trouble selling cabins right now so maybe we'll all have a child-free trip. (fingers crossed tightly)

That will leave more crew looking for tips from fewer passengers. Hopefully, fewer families as well. Although, I have noticed all of the family view cabins are sold out. I'm hoping it's because people without kids booked them to have more room. When we were on Infinity a couple of years ago it was pretty undersold, it was fantastic.

I think the unusually bad hurricane season is deterring people from booking trips to the Caribbean. At least in the short term, that is good for us.

Yes, lets pick a place to meet for a drink. I have never sailed on the Constellation, at this point I have not looked at the deck plans; therefore, I am not sure where were should meet. Do you have any suggestions?

I hate red-eye flights. My sympathies. I took the red-eye from LAX to CVG Memorial Day evening, it was very unpleasant. The plane was packed, and the service was poor. I may have slept fifteen minutes.

Jeff

Martini Bar is usually low key on departure day, around 3:00 or so?

We ended up going with 1st class air to avoid the sleep deprivation issues associated with coach. Regular airfare was 770 and 1st was only 250 more so we felt it would be worth the cost to arrive somewhat comfortable and rested. We'll see I guess.

Martini Bar is usually low key on departure day, around 3:00 or so?

We ended up going with 1st class air to avoid the sleep deprivation issues associated with coach. Regular airfare was 770 and 1st was only 250 more so we felt it would be worth the cost to arrive somewhat comfortable and rested. We'll see I guess.

Lets say 5:00 or 6:00ish. My flight isn't scheduled to arrive until 2:30, and since Beau (2:15) and I are on different airlines, potential problems are squared. The car service has indicated it is a forty-five minute trip to the port. That seems a bit long though, Beau had business in SJU in late August, I flew down and hung out at the hotel while he worked. I wanted to go over to the port on Saturday to see the Golden Princess (again), but, alas, the beach won out. So, I have no experience to know if their estimation is fact of fiction.

We are currently assigned to cabin 9126. Feel free to leave us a voice mail.

Regards,

Jeff

Archived