Carnival Spirit vs Carnival Legend

Hi, my wife and I have been on the Spirit before but we are looking at a Legend cruise some time next year. How do the ships compare, what are the similarities, what are the main differences and which ship does everyone prefer?

Cheers,

Dave

Both ships are pretty similar. Legend has a little more of a Los Vegas feel about it and the entertainment has a little more wow factor in my opinion.

If you are going with kids, Legend is more child friendly and the addition of the Japanese restaurant is nice to mix up the cuisine.

If you have been on the Spirit before, I would try the Legend for sure.

I agree with Wilson. Both ships are very similar. I thought the Rock show on

Legend was the best show at Sea I've ever seen. So good I saw it twice and can't wait to go again.

Only thing legend doesn't have was Guys Burgers. Not sure why though.

Not much of a difference. I've been on both but would probably recommend going on Spirit again. She goes in for a $47million dry dock in August and will be getting some pretty cool stuff installed. That stuff tips the scales in her favour over Legend.

Legends decor is tackier and weirder [personal taste though].

Legend has sushi and Red Frog pub, Spirit does not.

Spirit has Fat Jimmys BBQ, Legend doesn't.

Food and entertainment on Legend was slightly higher quality.

I'd go on both again very happily. The Spirit's dry dock in a few months should see her catch up to or exceed Legend in features - she's getting the proper cocktail bar put in and also the Mexican cantina restaurant I believe.

Spirit will be getting the Red Frog Pub, Bonsai Sushi, Cherry on Top, Red From Rum Bar, Alchemy Bar, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina (Mexican), Skybox Sports Bar, and Seaside Movies (big screen on pool deck) during her dry dock in August. She will be much better than the Legend.

http://www.carnival.com.au/promotional/spirit-dry-dock

Oh no, does that mean they'll be screening movies all day long on the pool deck? I liked it with the DJ at lunchtime and no screen for the kids to stare at mindlessly. It was lovely and peaceful out there. The other improvements all sound awesome though. Is the Cantina free of charge or extra? It does sound like it will be a squash though. I wonder what will go to make room for all those extra facilities.

Oh no, does that mean they'll be screening movies all day long on the pool deck? I liked it with the DJ at lunchtime and no screen for the kids to stare at mindlessly. It was lovely and peaceful out there. The other improvements all sound awesome though. Is the Cantina free of charge or extra? It does sound like it will be a squash though. I wonder what will go to make room for all those extra facilities.
The Cantina and Guys Burger Joint are included in the cruise fare, so no extra charges there, which is fantastic! The haven't updated the deck plans on the Carnival Aus website, but I would imagine, the Red Frog Pub will go where the Club Cool Jazz Club is on deck 2 (this is where it went on Legend), The Skybox Sports Bar will be a revamped Champions (deck 2), Bonsai Sushi will be just off the atrium on deck 2 starboard side, Cherry on Top will replace Formalities in the mall area, Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar will go midship on Lido deck (where the bar is, separating the two pools), Guys will go where the Grill is (on one side, just as you enter the buffet) and Blue Iguana Cantina will go on the other side where the other grill is, Alchemy will go on deck 2 aft where the Artist's Lobby currently is (and is grossly underutilised). And I'm not certain, but I believe the Dive-In Movie screen will go on the back wall of the main stage on the pool deck.