New to RCCL looking to book

resq602

i`m looking to book a large group cruise for my extended family and friends. I saw the Explorer of the Seas from Cape Liberty.. How is it getting there from the NJ Turnpike.

What are the RCCL cruises like, i`m going to read some reviews and see what is is about. Since RCCL is closer than NYC for me i want to see if the cruise is worth it. Let me know.

another cruise was the Empress of the Seas. out of Philadephia. Where is the port located in Philadelphia?

-vin

I've not left from NJ, but my in-laws have and had no problems. They said it was easy to find and had ample parking.

We went on the Explorer in January of this year, left from Miami, and loved it. There is so much to do on this ship, that if someone says they are bored, then they just aren't looking hard enough. We couldn't fit all the activities in, there were just not enough hours. There is a rock-climbing wall, roller blading, mini golf, shuffleboard, ice-skating, jogging track, and lots of deck space for sunning yourself. They also have an arcade (I believe there are charges to play the games), internet cafe and library stocked with books. They also have a Johnny Rockets restaurant, which has a cover charge of $3, I believe it was.

I've not been on the Empress, but know that the ship is a lot smaller than the Explorer, so there are not as many activities. The Explorer is 142,000 tons and the Empress is 48,000 tons.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the port in New Jersey coming from Philly. Very easy. The port in Philadelphia is 5 minutes from the airport...it's very close to the sports complex and seems easy to get to.

I haven't been on the Explorer (am going next year), but went on the Voyager and had a great time. You'll love it!

We were on the second cruise on the Voyager out of Bayonne in may of 04 and it took us 8 hrs to get of the ship. Were going on her again Oct 16 to Bermuda and bayonne is the easiest port to get to and get around. I highly recommend it

Archived