Time Needed LA Port to LAX

HiltonHead

Our Jan 2nd Hawaii Cruise docks upon return in LA at 8 AM on Monday January 16th. Our flight has been moved up to 12:23 PM instead if 1:30 PM. Will we still be okay time wise if we use a private taxi to the airport? A later flight is not an option as we can not make necessary connections in Atlanta.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, the ship docks on Sunday the 15th and my flight is at 12:23 PM on that day.(Should have checked my records first before writing message) Anyway, thanks to all for your input. Question to "donanderson": Is it best to reserve in advance airport limo service to LAX or are taxis readily available on disembarkation day and in sufficient number?

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, the ship docks on Sunday the 15th and my flight is at 12:23 PM on that day.(Should have checked my records first before writing message) Anyway, thanks to all for your input. Question to "donanderson": Is it best to reserve in advance airport limo service to LAX or are taxis readily available on disembarkation day and in sufficient number?

When in doubt, BOOK! :eek: Don't take chances, IMHO :D

I work on the pier in San Pedro. It will take about 30 min from the dock to LAX. Costs about $50 plus tip. You want to be off the ship in the early morning. Tell them you have a flight at 12.23. I can't imagine that this will be a problem. Don

January 15 is a Sunday, so it should be an easy drive from San Pedro to LAX. 30 minutes may be a bit optimistic (the 405 is seldom at full speed at any time, Sunday mornings included) but, as Don said, it should still be no problem.

January 16 is Martin Luther King Day so traffic will be lighter than a normal Monday morning...but I would plan an hour or so anyway...if the correct date is 1/16/06.

In any case, make sure you let the Pursers Office know when you board that you'll need to disembark in the first wave. BTW, you should have no trouble finding a taxi in the queue.

The shuttles to the airport will take your reservation, but are likely to wait until they are full before they hit the road from the port.

One last possibility you can try. See if Celebrity has transfer buses running to LAX on a schedule that will get you to LAX by 10:30am. If they do, you may be able to buy seats...and let Celebrity do the baggage handling for you.

Archived