Denrus Tours

I will be in St Petersburg on Celebrity Eclipse for 2 days in June and am considering which shore excursion to use.

The tour that most appeals is the one by Denrus

BUT!!

Tripadvisor don't have them listed as one of the top tour companies (65th out of 137).

Anything I've read about Denrus has been positive but unfortunately most comments tend not to be recent

SPD, Alla & TJ Travel Tours seem to be the big players now though it looks as if Denrus & Red October used to lead the way some years ago.

So wondering if anyone has 1st hand knowledge that could help.

Would still like to use Denrus but am a bit apprehensive in light of absence of many ratings/comments elsewhere

I should point out that recent reviews on Tripadvisor seemed a little bit questionable as they are dated April so obviously would have to relate to 2014 considering that cruising season starts in May for that part of the world.

Couldn't but wonder why so long between tours and posting reviews

Any advice on whether Denrus reliable/good would be most welcome

Blunkly are you on the Eclipse sailing visiting St P in early June or the later one? We went ahead and stayed with our booking for June 6 and 7. We are on the May 30 sailing of Eclipse. I hope it is as good as it has been reported to be.

We're on the sailing from Southampton on June 14th so just under a month away

So you'll be getting on as we are getting off. If I have time while on board I will post what I think of the tour. Watch our roll call. I don't know if this will help though as it will be very close to your sailing.

Are you using Denrus in St Peterburg?

Hi Blunkly,

We are going on Royal Princess same day as you, I have booked the more leisurely 2 day tour with DenRus, based on personal recommendation from a friend. I could have paid cash on arrival, but have given my credit card details and they will take payment 30 days before the tour - they will refund if things don't go to plan.

Their website was a bit "hit and miss", but I cannot fault their communication and swift receipt of confirmation and instructions.

Hope this helps.

Glen & Les.

Edited by harg56

Thanks harg56

I am now of opinion that Denrus are very reliable but am still considering my options

Have just posted this on roll call thread:

'Must say I'm a bit surprised at how few posts are being made on this thread as I expected that activity levels would be very high as time for departure moved to less than a month.

I'm still trying to decide on which tour to take in St Petersburg and the more research I do the less likely I am to opt for one of the top 2 or 3 rated on Tripadvisor as in truth all 130 plus licenced companies seem to have reliable reputations

My wife & I are now considering opting for a 'private' tour if we managed to get 4 other like minded people interested.

The cost per head for a party of 6 is close to $300 which is the normal for planned parties on up to 14 with pre arranged schedule.

The reason we are thinking this way is that whilst we want to see all the main sites etc. we also don't want to spend a few hours in galleries or museums at a time and would prefer get a flavour of Russia today compared with recent past etc. Feel it would be a great pity to spend 2 days in SPB and really only get a flavour of times long past.

Perhaps nobody interested but please post or msg me if a 'semi' private tour of 6 (max 8) where guide asked to design to incorporate all main sites along with the more recent & modern Russia.

Incidentally the tour company that I would be asking to formulate the 2 days to incorporate whatever the eventual party want to see will probably be Ludmilla Tours whom I've found extremely helpful in my contacts with them.'

Will see what response I get (if any). If not it will be either Tickets & Tours who have been very highly recommended to me or Denrus