Birthdays on NCL

Rebel_Jedi

Hello,

I ordered a "party package" for embarkation day since it's my daughter's 9th birthday. NCL's website didn't have a lot of information on it and when I called the CSR didn't know much either.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What is included and what the gift card is for?

Thanks!

The gift card just is a regular to and from card with Happy Birthday. The cabin is decorated when you embark, you may need to request that it wil be so when you open your cabin door all of the decorations are up to enjoy the entire the entire cruise. We also received a second cake at dinner one night.

It was very festive.

This is the description from the NCl website:

"Rejoice in style with garland, confetti, balloons, and a 10" party cake. Decorations set up in your stateroom on your requested date. 10" cake has "Happy Birthday" written on it. Comes with knife and plates, napkins and forks for all guests in stateroom."

20141006_090000_zpsjq9r7vls.jpg

In this picture you can see a bit of the streamers on the ceiling. It was only above the main bed in a "V" shape with around 5 balloons taped to the ceiling as well. The cake was quite large and I actually had it delivered to our Meet and Greet. They also give you a card to present at dinner on the night of your choice for another smaller piece of cake. We didn't have any confetti but my daughter was thrilled with the decorations and wouldn't let us take them down all week.

My best man ordered the package for my bachelor party. This is how it looked in my suite aboard the Sky:

A355BDE1-FAC0-4FAC-BBBA-505605EA4448_zps5rvuidi7.jpg

The cabin was decorated when I arrived (around 11:30AM) and the cake was pretty good - vanilla flavored sponge cake. I don't know if you can choose from a variety of flavors but it was pretty good and kept for the duration of our 3-day cruise.