Late booking - waiting list for dinner time

WBHB

We just made a late booking for a trip in 3 weeks, and we we given the late dinner seating. Given that we usually eat dinner early, I changed my reservation online to the "waiting list" for early dinner seatings.

A friend of mine told me that he believes we can assure ourselves earlier dinner seatings if we sign up for the FTTF option. Not only would we get early embarkation and early debarkation, our dinner request would be priortized after platinum and diamond VIFP members.

True or false? If so, do we need to make a call or send an email, or will it automatically happen?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

We just made a late booking for a trip in 3 weeks, and we we given the late dinner seating. Given that we usually eat dinner early, I changed my reservation online to the "waiting list" for early dinner seatings.

A friend of mine told me that he believes we can assure ourselves earlier dinner seatings if we sign up for the FTTF option. Not only would we get early embarkation and early debarkation, our dinner request would be priortized after platinum and diamond VIFP members.

True or false? If so, do we need to make a call or send an email, or will it automatically happen?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

IF you are still able to sign up for FTTF with only 3 weeks to go, it does not absolutely assure you early dinner.. Having FTTF does not guarantee any dining time, just like Platinum passengers are not guaranteed it. What it does is put you ahead of the passengers who don't have early dinner already assigned to them, and like your friend said, behind Platinum and Diamond passengers who might also want early seating.

There really is noone to call or send an email but on embarkation day if you don't get early seaing, you can go see the Maitre'd (usually around 1 - 2:00) tell him your preferene and let him know that you do have FTTF...

Edited by Elaine515

With three weeks to sailing I would not think FTTF would be much help. While FTTF would move you up behind D and P guests I just can't see that many people changing dining time this close to sailing. You may want to plead your case on embarkation day But I don't think I would spend $59 dollars on a maybe.

We just booked last week (for June sailing) and we chose early dining it said wait list too. I did get FTTF but I dont think that has anything to do with dining. I got an email the next day confirming our early seating? This will be our 6th cruise and I have never seen this????