Solo on S. America cruise

DRS/NC

On my bucket list: sail around the tip of S. America!

Has any of you done the Rio to Santiago or Buenos Aires to Santiago (or reverse) as a solo?

I'm also a 'senior' with some mobility issues (use a can, have problems w/stairs/steps; difficulty w/walking distances).

If I do this trip, I'll go w/Princess since I'm elite w/P.

Any advice?

I have done the SA trip around Cape Horn twice as a solo (March 2008 HAL Rotterdam, Rio to Valpariso(Santiago) Chile; Jan 2009 RC Mariner of the Seas Pt Canavaral, FL to Valpariso(Santiago) Chile).

Do not miss the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro and the surrounding area. Yes Rio has problems as most major cities do but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Most cruise lines avoid Brazil because of the Visa requirements. Visa was required when I did the two cruises.

I have no physical limitations such as a cane so I can’t help you there. Go to your roll call for the cruise you decide on. You can join others who are looking to fill a private tour or you can go with the cruise line tours.

If the opportunity and right price presented itself again, I would go again without hesitation. I probably haven’t helped you much but it is a great part of the world to explore.

Mike