Transfers from airports in New York City to Princess dock sailing to New England/Cana

Massageman

On 10/7/2006 the family is going to be taking the Star Princess from New York going up to Canada and New England. We are going to be flying from Cleveland, Ohio to NYC. Princess wants $80.00 per person ( 3 of us ) for round trip transfers. Has anyone ever done their own and if so who do you recommend or don't recommend? Phone numbers and web address of companies that you recommend would be very helpful. Anyone out there also going on this trip?

Thanks,

Massageman

The port is probably on the west side of Manhattan, so it might be smart to fly into Newark, and check into cab services or transport companies from there. I was going to recommend our limo company that we use, but when I thought about it, I am sure that it would end up costing you at least $120 each way because I am sure that you would need a stretch because the standard town car will not have room for luggage for 3. Also, if you take transfers from Princess, they will take care of your luggage. I usually fly in the day before, so we do it on our own.

We (3 of us) got a cab curbside at the pier to LGA for about $40 including the toll and tip. I would suggest LaGuardia over Newark but that is my preference. I usually fly into LaGuardia, have only used Newark once. Of course it does depend on traffic but it only took us about 20 minutes to get from the pier to LaGuardia. You might have a lot of traffic to Newark. Never can tell.

You can get super shuttle for a flat rate of $75.00 each way between JFK and Manhattan either to a hotel or the pier. I have checked as we are going to use them. This is for the van exclisive and it will hold 7 passengers and 18 pieces of luggage. I hope this helps. They are listed on the internet.

A cab is a flat rate of $45.00 but I was afraid it would not hold 4 people with our luggage.

Massageman,

We just picked up our tickets for the Oct 14, 2005 NB New England run of the Sea Princess. We are going one day earily using Princess Air and the Princess transfers from LGA to the hotel. The transfer is actually the Super Shuttle van.

I don't know if that helps any. Ron

Archived