Just off Dream

Just some things I wanted to share from our Dream cruise. We had a cove balcony on the port side forward. We loved the location however there were a couple of problems. First thing was the room was not cool enough. I went to guest services and they sent someone to the room and we were told it was to Carnival spec's. Second problem was that we were located in a space between the lifeboats and on the first and last nights of the cruise they turned on flood lights that lit up our balcony. I am not sure if the other balconies were as bright. There was also a camera hanging about 15 feet off they balcony which I have no idea if it was looking directly onto the balcony or just kind of looking down the sides of the ship.

The crew was outstanding. Smiles everywhere we went. Our room steward and dining staff was top notch. I even went to guest services on the last day to add tips. When I asked the lady there about the tips her first response was that she would remove them. She seemed to have trouble understanding that I wanted to give more not remove them. Maybe it was just a language problem.

The food was very good. The only thing we didn't care for was the short ribs at dinner one night. We ate at the buffet every day for breakfast and once for lunch. The rest of our lunches were at Pasta Bella. We loved it there other than the last sea day when it got really crowded. We ate dinner in Scarlett dining room every night.

The ship was in great shape. Clean and crew always working to keep it that way. The only time we really noticed big crowds was the last sea day. Just seemed that day that everyone wanted to do the same things as we did.

We liked sailing out of New Orleans and with FTTF we got to the port at 10 am and were on board by 11:15 am. Getting off we went to our meeting area at 7:30 am and were in our car driving by 9:00am.

I think we would sail Dream again but try a different cove cabin.

Robert

Did Pasta Bella serve dinners?? I understand if they're served you pay a minimal fee. I read somewhere, they serve lunch on sea days, but not dinners??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have sailed the Dream 5 times and love pasta bella. I don't believe they are open after lunch. There is no charge, but a suggestion. Try it the first or second day as most do not know about it at first. Glad you had a good cruise.

We have sailed the Dream 5 times and love pasta bella. I don't believe they are open after lunch. There is no charge, but a suggestion. Try it the first or second day as most do not know about it at first. Glad you had a good cruise.

I don't think they are open after lunch either. Spot on to go before people figure out its up there.

Did Pasta Bella serve dinners?? I understand if they're served you pay a minimal fee. I read somewhere, they serve lunch on sea days, but not dinners??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only open for lunch. On other ships there is an Italian restaurant that you can pay for dinner time

I was wondering how the musicians were?? And the shows? Any entertainment or shows you could comment on? We loved RedFrog pub on Breeze and are hoping its just as good! Did you use the spa?? Thanks so much!!

For the most part we didn't think they were very good but there were many other other people who seemed to be enjoying them. One night in the theater we were enjoying the show but it was so hot we just got up and left. We were in the last row of the balcony so maybe that's why it was so hot.

Thanks! Did you use the spa? How was the buffet??

We didn't use the spa. We did the buffet for breakfast every day and enjoyed it. We are picky eaters but they had plenty to choose from and we never had a problem finding something we liked.

I was wondering how the musicians were?? And the shows? Any entertainment or shows you could comment on? We loved RedFrog pub on Breeze and are hoping its just as good! Did you use the spa?? Thanks so much!!

The Dream doesn't have the RedFrog Pub. It merely has a RedFrog Rum Bar on the Lido deck.

Edited by jeffinhouston

The camera is NOT looking into your balcony, its part of the FIR system that basically lets the bridge know if a large object such as a person falls from the sides of the ship. I have seen the system on the bridge and no one looks at it unless there is an alarm

The camera is NOT looking into your balcony, its part of the FIR system that basically lets the bridge know if a large object such as a person falls from the sides of the ship. I have seen the system on the bridge and no one looks at it unless there is an alarm

Thanks for the information. I still think I would rather be a little further away from one of them since I have no plans of falling off the ship.