Which cruise? Elation or Sensation?

Looking at a short Bahamas cruise for next year. Our kids will be 6 and 7 at the time. I know Elation is not updated and Sensation has been. Miami is not quite as convenient drive wise but willing or make it. We're debating between these:

Elation 5 night Oct 31 (halloween) out of Jacksonville stopping at Nassau and HMC

Sensation 4 night November 3 out of Miami stopping at Nassau and HMC

Price is within 50 bucks or so. Which would you choose?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Never sailed Elation, but have sailed Sensation. Sensation did recently go through dry dock, but did not receive many 2.0 upgrades. If it were me, I'd go for the 5 day. The more days spent cruising the better, in my book. That being said, if you want more information about the Sensation (including what was added during dry dock), click on the review I wrote in my signature. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about that ship (or kids activities, since I had my son with me on that cruise). Either way, enjoy! :D

Looking at a short Bahamas cruise for next year. Our kids will be 6 and 7 at the time. I know Elation is not updated and Sensation has been. Miami is not quite as convenient drive wise but willing or make it. We're debating between these:

Elation 5 night Oct 31 (halloween) out of Jacksonville stopping at Nassau and HMC

Sensation 4 night November 3 out of Miami stopping at Nassau and HMC

Price is within 50 bucks or so. Which would you choose?

I would choose the 5 night on the Elation, because it is out of Jacksonville and more convenient drive wise for you, but also because 5 nights is always better than 4 IMO:)

Thanks. I think we'll go for the 5 day. I've cruise Carnival quite a bit (Platinum) buy tend to do week long cruises usually. Just haven't sailed smaller ships as much. I did go on the Sensation before it was updated. I looked at the Valor but I really want to go to HMC.