Celebrity Eclipse - Norwegian Fjords - April 30th, 2016

kennetro

• 2 months later...

Hi both,

We're Mark and Stuart Kelvin from Glasgow. We'll be onboard and have done this itinerary before on the Eclipse - we love it. Let us know if you'd like any recommendations etc for the ports. There's another couple on board that have done it before too, I remember seeing them on the other roll call but haven't been there in a while. Look forward to meeting you onboard.

Hi Mark & Stuart. It's good to hear from you. We are Ken & Ray, and the other two guys we'll be traveling with are Rick & Chris (from the CA Bay Area). We met them on a Rome to Miami Transatlantic cruise 3 years ago, & sailed again with them to the Galapagos Islands just last year. We were also on a British Isles / Ireland cruise a little over a year ago. We stopped in Glasgow, Inverness & Edinburgh, and truly fell in love with Scotland! Such a beautiful country & the people were incredibly nice. We definitely hope to go back to Scotland some day. We're not sure exactly what we'll be doing in each port in Norway yet, but I'm working on that. Will run it by you once we make some decisions. We're also continuing on the Eclipse, doing the Ireland/Iceland 12-night cruise after this one. It's got a very active roll call & the private tours were filling up fast, so I booked all those first. Now I'm researching the Norwegian ports.... ...& of course we're always up for suggestions too! :-) Stay in touch!

Ken

• 6 months later...

Glad you found our little roll call, Jules. Where are you guys from?

We considered staying on for the 2 night Le Havre jaunt, but at the time we booked, the nightly rate was twice that of the other two cruises. ...plus we were just in Le Havre 2 years ago, so we opted to just disembark & stay in Southampton for a couple of nights. One day will be spent taking the quick train trip to Winchester for sightseeing, & then 2nd day will be spent hopping over to Portsmouth to tour the ships & museums at the historic dockyards. Then the next morning, we'll just hop back on the Eclipse for the Ireland/Iceland cruise....

I wish we were leaving today!

We're from Sheffield in the UK.

This will be our 1st b2b. We also went to Le Havre (took a day trip to Paris) a few years ago. But booked the 2 nighter as it gives us a chance to try a suite.

We were in a concierge class stateroom last year for our baltic cruise, but dont think its worth the extra money. And we're not excited by Aquaclass or the spa or Blu. So straight forward balcony stateroom for Norway. That will be fine (same size room as Concierge class) - we had one when we did western med cruise on the eclipse 2 years ago.

Not too many weeks now before we board. Looking forward to it.

Edited by talljules1