Fantasy- Camp Carnival question and other random question.

CruiseMom87

We are going on the Fantasy. I see the age groups are 2 to 5 year old and 8 to 10 or 11. My kids will be 5 and 6 to whatever. (Can't remember upper age.). Would they let my 5 year old be with his 8 year old brother in the next age bracket? I was looking at the activities for both age groups and my 5 year old is going to be bored. He would probably rather stay with his brother and visa versa.

Also. We have two cabins. My in laws paid for 1 of our kids, so that child is listed in their cabin and the other is in ours. Would both kids be able to stay in my in laws cabin for atleast one night? Can you spend the night in other people's rooms?

Also, we are going during hurricane season? Im quite nervous about this. Has anyone been in the Fantasy during a particularly bad storm? How "bad" was it? We are on deck 9, midship.

At times the counselors might let kids move, usually if they're real close to the age. Your kids will be in different groups.

Have them go to their group the first night. A lot depends on the mix of kids, not the activities.

My experience on our 1st cruise was the counselor at registration asking DD, then 9, if she wanted to be in the group with her 3 cousins who were 7 & 8. We did not prompt this inquiry and I thought it was very nice of them to offer. Being an outgoing child, she stayed in her group and made lots of new friends.

On our last cruise, they allowed my niece, then 3, accompany DD and another cousin one night because there were only a few kids in her group and she wanted to be with the girls. They called us to get permission 1st. This was her first time in this type of setting and they were wonderful in trying to make her comfortable.

If the counselor(s) don't bring it up, just ask them about it.