Gluten Free on the Legend

Hi,

I am sailing on the Legend to Alaska in 2 weeks :) and was wondering if anyone could share their gluten free dining experiences with me. I've already received a lovely email from Carnival letting me know they are aware of my gluten intolerance / allergy but it would be great to hear from people who have BTDT about favorite meals, things to look out for and food on the Lido deck or room service that is safe to eat.

Thanks so much in advance

Jennifer

We were on the first Alaska sailing of this year on the Legend. My wife has a gluten allergy and here are our experiences.

Dining room: excellent, make sure to visit the hostess on embarkation day to line up the plans for meals.

Steakhouse: excellent, they have menu options that will take care of you

Chef's table: EXCELLENT. The chef made special servings of the different dishes to ensure everything was correct.

Lido Buffet: Mediocre. Carnival says they have gluten free hamburger and hotdog buns, but when we asked for them they said at first they did not have them, then after saying we've been in contact with the special needs team they said that it will take them 10-15 minutes to get them. Quite a few of the menu items worked, but many did not. The Deli wraps were well prepared, and the Pizza with gluten free crust was good.

We did not try the sushi.

WLHyatt - thanks for the info and I'm thrilled to hear about GF wraps at the Deli as I love sandwiches and my daughter who is 16 and also gluten intolerant misses sandwiches and pizza the most so that's great news.

If I can ask about the Steakhouse - I know I'm probably fine with appetizer and entrée / sides but I'm worried about dessert options (although I'll probably be too stuffed to care but it's nice to feel like there are choices). Do you remember what dessert options were available?

THanks again

I know they did wraps with GF tortillas, not sure about sandwiches, but they should be available with gluten free bread.

There is gluten free bread at every buffet and available at dinner.

The steakhouse has assorted fruits and sherbets, and I think they may have had an option for the chocolate sampler, but I do not recall. My wife had fruit.

Just returned from cruise with my 26 year old daughter who also has a GF intolerance. We also met with someone in the dining room first day to choose her menu for that night. Each night during dinner they would bring the next nights menu for her to choose ahead of time. She was very pleased with the choices available to her in dining room. They also made GF chocolate melting cake, as well as removing crust from cheesecake. She enjoyed the GF pizza also, as well as sandwiches with GF bread options. I was really impressed at how well they handled this and it didn't prolong our dinner time whatsoever for the rest of our party. Carnival seems to have this worked out very well. Good Luck!