Santorini: Oia, Akrotiri & a winery in 4 hours

Bukkie

Is this possible? We are going to be on a Mediterranean cruise that will stop at Santorini for 8 hrs (2pm-10pm). We have been advised to budget 4 hours for a tour because of possible tendering delays. My friend want to visit Oia and Akrotiri and I want to taste wine :). I noticed most 4 hour tours go either to Akrotiri or Oia not both since they are about 1 hour apart traffic not considered.

Question to those who have been here before, is this a possible tour to put together? or will it be rushed? I will like some advice on which way to go.

thanks!

If you are worried that you may not have enough time for both Oia and Akrotiri why don't you ask for one more hour of private tour?We visited Oia,Santo Winery,Black,Red Beach and Monastery in 5 hours and it was very relaxing.

Hi Bukkie. From what I have read here, the tender issues can really delay things. The non-suite, non-elite, non-ship tour people sometimes aren't able to get ashore for a couple of hours. And then you have to wait for the cable cars!

So I decided to book the earliest ship tour to the winery and Oia, and back to Fira. My documentation says the tour starts at 2:15 and lasts 3.5 hours. We are probably going to leave the tour and spend the rest of our day in Oia. But if you stay with the tour back to Fira you should have time to hire a driver to take you for a quick visit to Akrotiri.

Or maybe you could convince a suite/elite guest to get you priority tender tickets along with theirs! ;)

The easiest way to do that in 4 hours is renting a car. We rented in Fira, then drove to oia and spent some time. Then we went to a winery. Then onto the red sand beach. I would like to spend more time in Oia, but it's definitely possible.

If you are worried that you may not have enough time for both Oia and Akrotiri why don't you ask for one more hour of private tour?We visited Oia,Santo Winery,Black,Red Beach and Monastery in 5 hours and it was very relaxing.

what tour service did you use?

Hi Bukkie. From what I have read here, the tender issues can really delay things. The non-suite, non-elite, non-ship tour people sometimes aren't able to get ashore for a couple of hours. And then you have to wait for the cable cars!

So I decided to book the earliest ship tour to the winery and Oia, and back to Fira. My documentation says the tour starts at 2:15 and lasts 3.5 hours. We are probably going to leave the tour and spend the rest of our day in Oia. But if you stay with the tour back to Fira you should have time to hire a driver to take you for a quick visit to Akrotiri.

Or maybe you could convince a suite/elite guest to get you priority tender tickets along with theirs! ;)

I'm thinking I'd go for the Akrotiri Ruins and Oia Village tour offered by the cruise, its covers 3 of the 4 activities I want and my tender concerns will be taken care of.