Got an interesting email today . . .

from Carnival about our upcoming cruise regarding a "Port Sequence Change." We're cruising in October on the Triumph and we will now go to Progreso first (minus an hour) and then Cozumel (plus 2 extra hours).

It says "due to operational consideration." I wonder if this has anything to do with the survey/question JH posted about having more port time in Cozumel. Anyone else get anything similar?

I found this interesting, and am super happy about having the extra time in Cozumel!

from Carnival about our upcoming cruise regarding a "Port Sequence Change." We're cruising in October on the Triumph and we will now go to Progreso first (minus an hour) and then Cozumel (plus 2 extra hours).

It says "due to operational consideration." I wonder if this has anything to do with the survey/question JH posted about having more port time in Cozumel. Anyone else get anything similar?

I found this interesting, and am super happy about having the extra time in Cozumel!

I would love this but we cruise in August so maybe it is just after that? Sounds nice though.

Longer time in Cozumel also means higher percentage chance of getting to see the "Running of the Runners" when it finally is time to depart! ;)

Saw an entertaining walk/stumble/almost fall over seawall last year before leaving Progreso. Woman was waiving at people as they walked by (guess she was trying to get help). Her kids, yep KIDS, came off the ship to collect her. SMH

We don't even get off the ship in Cozumel.

What? Why?

Plenty to see and do in Coz. Been to the 'wild' side/east coast? Chankanaab? Paradise Beach? Wet Wendy's? Casa Denis? Cinco Soles? Chen Rio? Coconuts?

We find lots of places to go in Coz. :)

We don't even get off the ship in Cozumel.

Out of curiosity, why don't you get off? Is it that you've been there many times? Or that it just doesn't offer you what you look for in a port? It has beautiful beaches, very good shopping, great food/beer at a reasonable price (if you are brave enough to eat off of the ship).

Sometimes I don't get off in Jamaica (people way too aggressive and not always in a friendly way) nor in Honduras (sand fleas eat me alive) nor in Belize.

I am just curious about your reasons.

I can't stop laughing! Thank you.

You are welcome. That post just struck me as snooty. If the topic had been "what are your favorite and least favorite ports," I wouldn't have given it a second thought. It was the context, or lack of, that got me. Enjoy your extra time in Cozumel!

We are on the same cruise in October and were really happy with the change...more time on the beach!

To the person who mentioned the # of ships in port that day...I haven't personally looked it up but someone on another group site mentioned there would be 2 ships in port the day we were originally supposed to be there, and now there will be 3 on the day we'll be there. No biggie with me...we'll make sure we're off the ship in plenty of time to grab a couple of chairs on the beach.