Steakhouse wine

Peemagg

As mentioned previously. They also provide 50% off of their wine list and the prices r very reasonable at all price points. Especially the high end wines.

Is it safe to say that Carnival doesn't jack up their wine prices like the rest of their alochol in the Steakhouse? We are dining at the Steakhouse our first night of the cruise and since we are white wine drinkers I was thinking about doing the 50% off.

As mentioned previously. They also provide 50% off of their wine list and the prices r very reasonable at all price points. Especially the high end wines.

now I am interested. Never was enticed to go the first night as I had read the wine served was Bare Foot and don't care for it. BUT if we can get other, more expensive wines the first night, we would be interested. Is it on one bottle or can it be more?

I tried to make a steakhouse reservation for the first night and have yet to get a confirmation. I called carnival and the rep told me an email would have been sent to confirm and to try again for reservation. Did it an hour ago and still no email. I really want that wine ;)

I tried to make a steakhouse reservation for the first night and have yet to get a confirmation. I called carnival and the rep told me an email would have been sent to confirm and to try again for reservation. Did it an hour ago and still no email. I really want that wine ;)

Just be patient, I'm sure the steakhouse manager will get back to you shortly. I took a few days for them to respond to my reservation. They offer free wine on the first night because no one books the steakhouse for the first night of the cruise. So I am sure there are reservations remaining. Also, depending on your VFP status or FTTF status they may delay your confirmation. Diamond and Platnium guests get guaranteed reservations, FTTF get priorty reservations, and then regular guests.

Edited by psk2347

now I am interested. Never was enticed to go the first night as I had read the wine served was Bare Foot and don't care for it. BUT if we can get other, more expensive wines the first night, we would be interested. Is it on one bottle or can it be more?

We think barefoot is better than the santa carolina they now serve as their most inexpensive wine

Is it safe to say that Carnival doesn't jack up their wine prices like the rest of their alochol in the Steakhouse? We are dining at the Steakhouse our first night of the cruise and since we are white wine drinkers I was thinking about doing the 50% off.

The 50% off makes them 'reasonably' priced. Wine List price is 'jacked' up just like the other alcohol prices.

Free house wine bottle in the steakhouse is supposed to be first evening and first formal evening. However, from what I understand, this is not consistent on all ships as some do it the first evening only.

I've never heard anyone say or seen free on the first formal night. Do you have a Fun Times or a photo that shows this promotion?

What ship was this?

Yes u can take the free one and then buy more. We bought 6 bottles. Our waitress almost danced after we ordered them.

With the 50% off, I'm surprised they let you do this. Seems like people would stop ordering "cruise the vineyards" and just do this each cruise.

I guess until a lot of people do it, it doesn't matter.

I've never heard anyone say or seen free on the first formal night. Do you have a Fun Times or a photo that shows this promotion?

What ship was this?

It was posted a few months ago by John Heald on his blog and was accurate on our Valor cruise in January. I'll try to find the post again.

ADDED: Here it is from July 2014 but I remember it being brought up again since then.

Edited by JuanBillion