Steakhouse wine

Peemagg

I have a reservation for the first night on our 8 day cruise in January on the Conquest in the Steakhouse. I was wondering if we get the free bottle of wine, can it be saved for another meal elsewhere on the ship (MDR)? I know that the 2 of us won't finish the bottle in one sitting.

How is it handled when you don't finish the bottle?

I have a reservation for the first night on our 8 day cruise in January on the Conquest in the Steakhouse. I was wondering if we get the free bottle of wine, can it be saved for another meal elsewhere on the ship (MDR)? I know that the 2 of us won't finish the bottle in one sitting.

You can take it with you or have them save it for you. Your MDR waiter can retrieve it for you.

I liked the red wine. It also has pretty good reviews/ratings. It's about a $10 - $12 bottle here in my area and has been recommended by my package store in the past as a good quality wine in that price range. If you are a 'house' wine drinker at your land restaurant I think that you will be just fine.

They give you a free bottle of wine if you eat there the first night. The red isn't too bad if you let it breathe. They also give you 50% off any other wine the first night. That is what we do and you can find some pretty good wines by doing this.

I guess the steakhouse is normally slow the first night and this is a way to get people to go there on the first night.

Check out this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45479069

We took ours with us after dinner, unopened, and gave it to the cabin steward at the end of the cruise.

Not sure how it's handled unfinished, once its opened in the steakhouse.

Edited by eponym

Free house wine bottle in the steakhouse is supposed to be first evening and first formal evening. However, from what I understand, this is not consistent on all ships as some do it the first evening only.

Also supposed to be 50% off any other wine bottle purchases those evenings as well, but again, not consistent, as some only do it the first evening.

Edited by JuanBillion

In my experience, you can have your opened bottle of wine saved to enjoy later in the MDR.

I'm sure someone with 12,000 posts will now say that the Maitre D will come to your room with your bottle of wine and wet your lips with an eye dropper with it.

In my experience, you can have your opened bottle of wine saved to enjoy later in the MDR.

I'm sure someone with 12,000 posts will now say that the Maitre D will come to your room with your bottle of wine and wet your lips with an eye dropper with it.

That's what they do for me...but ONLY for me. :D

can anyone tell me what kind of wines they offer? Is it just a house red or house white or can you choose a variety? We are dining on The Breeze's steakhouse the first night of our cruise and I was just curious what was offered. My husband isn't much on wine, but I'll drink it :) I would like to take the left overs back to the cabin, though!

The wine is kind of their house brand. There is a red and a white. I haven't tried the white as I am a dry red wine drinker, but have read on here that the white is pretty bad.

I don't think the red is bad, but then again, it's not the best I have had. Good enough though when I'm not paying for it.

Another thing that has been my experience. Someone posted it's a bottle per couple, but if two couples are together at one table, there is only one bottle of wine provided. We used to get 2 bottles when we sailed Dream with another couple, but on Liberty we were told that it was one bottle per table and also when I asked about it on Breeze, I was told it was one per table for 4 people. I guess, like most things Carnival, either the ships do what they want, or possibly the policy has changed since the Dream left Pt Canaveral.

The wine is kind of their house brand. There is a red and a white. I haven't tried the white as I am a dry red wine drinker, but have read on here that the white is pretty bad.

I don't think the red is bad, but then again, it's not the best I have had. Good enough though when I'm not paying for it.

Another thing that has been my experience. Someone posted it's a bottle per couple, but if two couples are together at one table, there is only one bottle of wine provided. We used to get 2 bottles when we sailed Dream with another couple, but on Liberty we were told that it was one bottle per table and also when I asked about it on Breeze, I was told it was one per table for 4 people. I guess, like most things Carnival, either the ships do what they want, or possibly the policy has changed since the Dream left Pt Canaveral.

On the Liberty about 18 months ago we went to the steakhouse with two other couples and each couple got a free bottle.

can anyone tell me what kind of wines they offer? Is it just a house red or house white or can you choose a variety? We are dining on The Breeze's steakhouse the first night of our cruise and I was just curious what was offered. My husband isn't much on wine, but I'll drink it :) I would like to take the left overs back to the cabin, though!

It was a lower priced label...think it was Santa Christina (or similar) We've always enjoyed it. Also like going to steakhouse on first night. We enjoy it more since we haven't yet overindulged and can appreciate the finer food more.

That happened to us on Liberty in Nov...we dined with another couple and they only gave us one bottle. We nicely argued with server that we were two different couples who met for dinner. They wanted white, we wanted red. The Steakhouse manager came over and made an "exception". It's worth pressing the issue.