Rentadora Isis?

itsrocky94

Hello, has anyone used Rentadora Isis before in Cozumel? I contacted Margarita and she is letting me rent a car for my family even though I am only 21. But she didn't tell me the hour that the car needs to be back by....we were planning on going shopping in San Miguel and going to Playa Chen Rio and then picking up my grandmother at the cruise ship and going out to dinner but this might not be the best option depending when the car needs to be returned. Thanks!

I advise against it. We rented ATVs and a car purposely backed into one of the guys in our group when we were stopped. They police came and they said he was at fault and demanded $1000 cash or he was going to jail - we only had $650 and had to negotiate the fine down so they would release him. You're young and a target. I say rent an excursion van driver for the day and let them drive you where ever you wanted to go - be safe.

Edited by Cinderose

Margarita is the most honest person you will find on this Island. I have rented from her over 15 years both as a tourist and living here. She will never cheat you or excessively charge for gas or anything else. I have lost keys before and she charged me 50 PESOS to replace them. If there is an accident you call her and she wil come to help it be handled so you are not on your own. As far as returning the car, she usually stays open until the last ship is leaving if she has renters on the ship. Normal closing is 6 or 7.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Rented from Isis last trip to make the run to Chen Rio. Trying to bypass hassle of getting a cab downtown and then back out. Has she ever done a drop off or pickup at the piers? Most likely International with Princess?

I've read were she has done it at the airport/hotel, so was just curious.

Thanks..

Hello, has anyone used Rentadora Isis before in Cozumel? I contacted Margarita and she is letting me rent a car for my family even though I am only 21. But she didn't tell me the hour that the car needs to be back by....we were planning on going shopping in San Miguel and going to Playa Chen Rio and then picking up my grandmother at the cruise ship and going out to dinner but this might not be the best option depending when the car needs to be returned. Thanks!

I rented from them for 10 days last summer as did my brother and neither of us had any issues. Just make sure you look the car over well when you pick it up - you get a little slip and any pre-existing damage needs to be documented on it or you'll pay for anything found when you return it. Picture of both sides of the car are a good idea.

I can't comment on pick up at the international pier but she did have one of the her employees (possibly her son?) give us a ride to the airport when we dropped the cars off.

Edited by CT Sean