Docking at 6:00am in Amsterdam

pzbz

So we are docking in Amsterdam following British Isles cruise aboard the Silhouette leaving from Amsterdam. My question is how soon can you disembark after docking at 6:00 am? It is my understanding that ship clearance for customs takes an hour and then passengers are allowed to disembark...can you give me your experiences? I need to know when to have my taxi booked for pick up to make an early flight at Schihol airport! Thank you for your input!:)

We did Celebrity out of Amsterdam to Baltic, Norway and Arctic Circle and there were NO immigration requirements upon returning to Amsterdam.

I don't think it would be any different with your ports.

We carried our own luggage off at the end of the final cruise and could have gone off at 6.30 am.

We did Celebrity out of Amsterdam to Baltic, Norway and Arctic Circle and there were NO immigration requirements upon returning to Amsterdam.

I don't think it would be any different with your ports.

We carried our own luggage off at the end of the final cruise and could have gone off at 6.30 am.

So the gangplank was down to exit around 6:30? That would be great if that would happen for us!

Edited by pzbz
misspell

We had a round-trip cruise from Amsterdam last summer. Quite a few people on our roll call flew out the morning of disembarkation. As far as I know everyone made their flights.

I don't think disembarkation could have been any faster or easier than it was in Amsterdam! We were staying over, and had a driver picking us up at the port at 9:00. We were worried about being late, so we headed off a little before 8:00. By 8:05 we were on the curb wondering how we were going to entertain ourselves for 55 minutes!:eek: