Marseille port with toddler

Threecruise

Hi,

I am looking for any suggestions for activities for Marseilles port when we arrive in August on the Allure of the Seas ship? We are travelling with our 14 month old and feel the cruise arranged shore excursions aren't appropriate for us as a family? Hoping to not have to travel too far from the port.

Amy help would be great.

These big ships generally have to dock so far out of the cities/ towns that they visit that it can sometimes be a little tricky if you have babies or toddlers as there can be nothing very close to the ships of interest to them. Marseilles is a big city with all that involves - what is of interest to an adult obviously isn't to a toddler and you will need a shuttle into town anyway.

It's possible that there will be more to do on the ship such as the splash pool and playrooms than there is in port. We travelled on Indepence of the Seas with our grand daughter and all she really wanted to do was play in the water or with the toys in the enormous playroom which was opened up for them ( not the children's club - that was separate) She was 22 months at that time.

I can't think of anything which is specifically toddler based near the ship in Marseilles - the old port is interesting where you can see the fishing boats, fish, cafes etc and it's also possible to go over to the Chateau d'If by boat but whether this would suit a toddler I'm not sure. There are beaches but they would involve a taxi or bus ride.

On a tangent , the ports in Norway tend to be more toddler friendly as the ships dock right in town and you are there as soon as you step off the ship ie Olden, Bergen, Tromso etc and there is usually playgrounds and lovely walks etc very near. The big European cities such as Rome, Florence etc tend to offer not so much in their docking areas to suit little ones. If anyone can think of anything more appropriate then I am sure they will post.

It's possible that there will be more to do on the ship such as the splash pool and playrooms than there is in port. We travelled on Indepence of the Seas with our grand daughter and all she really wanted to do was play in the water or with the toys in the enormous playroom which was opened up for them ( not the children's club - that was separate) She was 22 months at that time.

I can't think of anything which is specifically toddler based near the ship in Marseilles - the old port is interesting where you can see the fishing boats, fish, cafes etc and it's also possible to go over to the Chateau d'If by boat but whether this would suit a toddler I'm not sure. There are beaches but they would involve a taxi or bus ride.

Thank you I was thinking for this and other port we might just stay aboard and enjoy the ships facilities for children as there seems to be so much to do on the boat I don't know if you would see it all if you did day trips everyday. Or venture out to perhaps see the port have a little walk around and then get back on.

Thanks again.

Edited by Threecruise