Carnival Vista

b7440

Thinking of booking a cruise next year on the new Carnival Vista, I use a TravelScott Scooter. I have not be on Carnival since I needed a Scooter, can somenetell me the difference between a fully accessible cabin, and a modify cabin. For a new ship it seems to have very few full access able balcony cabins, most seem to be only interior?

Am I missing something ??

Thinking of booking a cruise next year on the new Carnival Vista, I use a TravelScott Scooter. I have not be on Carnival since I needed a Scooter, can somenetell me the difference between a fully accessible cabin, and a modify cabin. For a new ship it seems to have very few full access able balcony cabins, most seem to be only interior?

Am I missing something ??

A Carnival Vista Modified cabin is a standard cabin that does not have the extra floor space as an Accessible Cabin. The entry door is 30" to 32" wide . The bathroom has a zero threshold (no step) with grab bars and a shower seat. It's basically for people who have some mobility and do not require the use of a wheelchair or scooter when in the cabin.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thank you, so it's the same size as a regular cabin, but the door is bigger and no step into the bathroom. I would think it would be pretty tight to turn a scooter around?

Can anyone who has traveled in one tell me if you have enough room. We were on the Liberty of the Seas last week, and we had plenty of room, so the scooter was not in the way.

Thank you, so it's the same size as a regular cabin, but the door is bigger and no step into the bathroom. I would think it would be pretty tight to turn a scooter around?

Can anyone who has traveled in one tell me if you have enough room. We were on the Liberty of the Seas last week, and we had plenty of room, so the scooter was not in the way.

Without knowing the cabin category you booked and the room layout it's hard to say. Providing your cabin number would be helpful if you chose to do so. If you have suite you may have more room to turnaround. If it's an inside cabin or oceanview unless you able to do a very tight 3 point turn the scooter may have to be backed out.

Spoke to Carnival on Friday, they could not find the modified, or Fully accessible cabins, so they gave me the Special needs dept phone number, called got a message no one working on Friday.

We usually get a balcony cabin

Spoke to Carnival on Friday, they could not find the modified, or Fully accessible cabins, so they gave me the Special needs dept phone number, called got a message no one working on Friday.

We usually get a balcony cabin

Doesn't make sense unless of course all modified and accessible cabins for the dates you want have already been booked.

You can go to Carnival's website to pull up the Vista Deck plans . You can locate the modified and accessible cabins by scrolling over the deck plan. Of course you'll have to do this for each take and it does take time but you can locate them by doing that. As you scroll over each cabin a window will pop up giving details of that cabin. There will be a the Universal HC sign in the window and click on the room itself to find out if it's modified or fully accessible.

Did an internet search and found another website that listed all the Vista Modified and Full Accessible cabins by deck and category.

Here's the link http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Vista

It there are modified and fully accessible cabins within a specific category there will be a Universal HC emblem along with the wording Handicap Cabins +/-) just click on that to see all room numbers.

There are only 2 fully accessible balcony cabins and no modified cabins so chances are they're already booked and that's why you were told they couldn't be found. The largest amount of fully and modified accessible cabins are interior with the second most being ocean view.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thks for the website, seems weird that they would only have 2 fully accessible balconies on a brand new ship, guess Carnival just does not want us to cruise with them.

Thks for the website, seems weird that they would only have 2 fully accessible balconies on a brand new ship, guess Carnival just does not want us to cruise with them.

There's nothing mandating the number of a HC cabins in each category for new ship build-outs. So it doesn't surprise me at all.

We've been on Carnival a few times, different ships. ALL only had 2 balcony modified cabins. The last one,nThevDream, the balcony cabin was 6208, completely forward. I use a scooter and it was impossible to make the necessary angle to even see the balcony, much less get on it, even just straight forward sitting on it. AND due to superstructure of forward a white wall blocking seeing space. Totally unacceptable.

Thus next trip booked on Splendor, a suite....only one accessible. Beautiful, big room but in the bathroom in addition to roll in shower was a high bath tub in front of the toilet...so in front that one could not position oneself appropriately as bath tub in the way.

Yes, Vista looks interesting and trying an inside room this time for the 11 night NY trip, that is a J room...forward, classified inside but does have a window. Do call the Access Dept, they are helpful. Ask for sizes and layout.

Carnival is fun, basically accessible and their theatre is enjoyable as has handicap cutouts in the middle with spousal space supposedly reserved next to it.

My PCP was very helpful and switched me to Access Dept. Please let me know how you made out. Vicki

Edited by vickila

• 11 months later...

I had tried the method of scrolling over the deck plan to find all the accessible rooms and then low and behold stumbled on this part of the Carnival website which is soooo much easier to read. The one thing about it is that the level of accessibility was not the same on one of the rooms that I checked, but just one. It was accessible but the pdf listed it as fully accessible and it was modified on the interactive version I think so it may be worth double checking.

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/~/media/Images/Ships/VS/DeckPlans/carnival-vista-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.ashx

I found it on this page here which seems to have all of Carnival's ships:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx