Ship Dock in New York

Massageman

You didn't say when you are planning to cruise. Sometime in 2006, PRINCESS may (or, then again, may not) relocate to the new CARNIVAL terminal in Brooklyn. If you cruise from the Manhattan cruise terminal, NEWARK should be your first choice, followed by LaGuardia, with JFK a distant third. If they do indeed move to Brooklyn, both JFK and LaGuardia would provide similar travel times; Newark, although closer, would require such a roundabout method of travel that would make such a trip not only longer but also (taxi-wise) more costly. Check with your T/A ... PRINCESS hasn't announced this for certain yet.

I would pick LaGuardia, JFK over Newark but that is my personal preference. LaGuardia is only a 20 minute drive to the Manhattan pier.

Yes - if your cruise is going to depart from the new terminal in Red Hook Brooklyn I think LGA is a much better choice than JFK. It's geographically closer than JFK but also has more alternate routes if traffic is heavy.

By the way - in pre 9/11 days LGA was one of the country's worst airports for having a high rate of delays for boyh arrivals and departures. That has changed dramatically and they're about the same as any other NY Metro area airport at this point.

Archived