Any information on Gold Rock Beach?

amberdc87

I am looking for something to do in November with my husband, DD 6/4, my parents and my grandmother. I am really interested in Gold Rock Beach in Freeport. Does anyone have any reviews of this place? I have found some information on it, but not alot. Can you take a taxi there? If so, about how much does it cost? We will be in port form 8am-5pm that day, is this enough time to go here. I am thinking of some of the caves and some exploring. Then some beach time. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D

My DH and I went to this beach but it was through a Carnival excursion. We went to the Lucayan National Park and kayaked. Then we were driven to the beach in a van where we only stayed about an hour. It was very beautiful. There was hardly anyone there. There are no facilities or places to eat there. Just a picnic pavilion area where we ate sandwiches that our guide brought. After that we walked on a nature trail that took us to the caves. I don't know how to get there on your own or how much it costs since it was included in our excursion.