Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

some of the reviews for the hop on off buses are not good.

The people complained about the traffic and construction.

One man waited for over an hour for his bus to arrive while other buses from different companies passed his bus stop. There were other complaints but you would half to read them yourself. One man wrote buy a daily pass for the public bus for 5 euros. L' Open Bus received a favorable review.

"The people complained about the traffic and construction." ? Would it be any faster/better in a limo?)

And Yes; I agree that the public bus pass would be cheaper, if you know your way around. Cheaper is not always better.

WE are going with the one day Big Bus Paris on Monday,October 27th.

...I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and am happy with the price, timetable, and what Big Bus Paris offers.

Online you can get a 10% discount. However, we're not buying tickets 'til we get there... we may lose a few Euros... big deal(not)... but we may change our minds about the bus altogether, if the weather does not cooperate.

Edited by $hip$hape

We were told that it would be the morning of the second day, So we arrive on the 26th of October at 11:30am or so, and that would put it on the morning of Tuesday,the 27th. I contacted NCL Travel Agent for this response. Hopefully it is correct.

Thank you for your response!

And Thank You to all of our fellow "Paris Package" cruisers for their contributions to this thread.

Edited by $hip$hape

We are on the 3 nt bundle staying at the Sofitel La Defense. Miami to Charles De Gaulle arriving 11:20 a.m. Monday. By the time we get to the hotel it it will be early afternoon.

My travel agent tried to find out yesterday what day the 1/2 day tour of Paris is scheduled for, but to no avail she even called Gate-1 travel. I'd like to make some concrete plans. I sure would like to know how this voucher works for the tour.

This is our first time in Paris will I need to carry Euros in my pocket for the public restrooms?

p.s. I hope the Union workers of Air France behave themselves and not go on strike. What a disgrace to see the CEO's having their shirts and jackets ripped of them. It was on t.v. last week. Air France plan on laying off 2,900 workers.

euro_muenzen_50_cent_2006.jpg?__blob=poster4&v=3

Yes! If this has not been answered yet, always have coins.

Coin operated "Pee houses" usually charge a 50 Euro cent.

In fact, as they "know" you are a tourist, if you give an attendant a paper bill, they may say,"Thank You , give you a smile and no change,... and see how you respond/ how bad you have to go.:D

Edited by $hip$hape

When we were at two weeks away, there was still one thing bugging us about the NCL Escape "Paris Package".

We were trying to finish up some Paris scheduling, however we still don't know the day or time of

The NCL Complimentary Paris 1/2 day Bus Tour.

Asked Travel Agent; no response.

Asked NCL, no response/no clue.

Asked Hotel guest relations, no response yet.:)

We were told that it would be the morning of the second day, So we arrive on the 26th of October at 11:30am or so, and that would put it on the morning of the 27th. I contacted NCL Travel Agent for this response. Hopefully it is correct.

Your time/date information seems to make sense.

Our TA finally got back, to apologise for the delay. After speaking with three different NCL agents, the best they could advise was that we would recieve that information once we get to Paris.:rolleyes:(Thanks NCL :rolleyes:)

Also, no name or information of our NCL contact in Paris.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.... We are a bit overwhelmed by trying to fill in our 3 days in Paris. Flying Air France (seats 30A&B) from Miami Oct. 25th and

staying at Melia La Defence. Thinking of taking metro into downtown Paris in afternoon of 26th just to walk around. With so much to see in Paris the 2 day Paris Pass for 99 Euro sounds like the best deal for 27th & 28th.

Dear Michael,

Sorry for the delay on answering. I confirm you the upgrade to a Premium Room for 40€ extra per night.

I have already amended your booking and you will just need to pay the supplement upon check out.

From these rooms you have viewings over the Eiffel Tower.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Melia Paris La Defense!

Best Regards,

Noelia Castillo Calahorro

Guest Experience Manager

MELIÁ PARIS LA DEFENSE

RE posting from another thread...

Originally Posted by kismet618 View Post

Quick question as some of you are very close to cruise time:

I've noticed that there are quite a few open cabins on the TA...

anyone get an upsell offer?

A few weeks ago, we tried using points from our Bank of America Norwegian MasterCard (now have over 90,000) for a Meta upgrade.

After checking, the NCL Agent said sorry, but the cruise is "sold out" and then suggested we use our points for another cruise.

(Of course, WE don't believe the TA cruise is sold out.):rolleyes:

Me thinks we are "locked in" to our Escape Paris Package and it would be too difficult or, not worth their time to give us an upsell.:)

RE posting from another thread...

(Of course, WE don't believe the TA cruise is sold out.):rolleyes:

Me thinks we are "locked in" to our Escape Paris Package and it would be too difficult or, not worth their time to give us an upsell.:)

We have been told - upgrades for us package people can only be done ON the ship.

Since we will most likely get to the ship after most of the other cruisers - be happy with what you booked.

Dear Michael,

Sorry for the delay on answering. I confirm you the upgrade to a Premium Room for 40€ extra per night.

I have already amended your booking and you will just need to pay the supplement upon check out.

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

MELIÁ PARIS LA DEFENSE

Hi!

I wrote to Mercure Montartre hotel and have reserved an upper floor with a view of the Eiffel Tower for 40E per night. Sounds like a deal to me!!!

Anyone wanting info on contacting this hotel for an upgrade, just ask me. I'll be happy to share the names and email address info with you.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

We have been told - upgrades for us package people can only be done ON the ship.

Since we will most likely get to the ship after most of the other cruisers -

be happy with what you booked.

Tammy,

I totally agree !

How fortunate we are to even be on this voyage !:)

Even though we do not eat much, I plan to crash your World of Chocolates event to give you even more.

Thank you for organizing the Chocolate Extravaganza.:)

Tammy,

I totally agree !

How fortunate we are to even be on this voyage !:)

Even though we do not eat much, I plan to crash your World of Chocolates event to give you even more.

Thank you for organizing the Chocolate Extravaganza.:)

Since there's not too many choices to eat on the ship......

Any opportunity to get together and enjoy the company of other wonderful travelers!

Hi!

I wrote to Mercure Montartre hotel and have reserved an upper floor with a view of the Eiffel Tower for 40E per night. Sounds like a deal to me!!!

Anyone wanting info on contacting this hotel for an upgrade, just ask me. I'll be happy to share the names and email address info with you.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Sandy,

I would like that number if possible. You can email it to me at garylev35 at aol dot com

Dear Michael,

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

MELIÁ PARIS LA DEFENSE

If u email me at papatola at juno dot com I can add some info to hotel reservation

<quote> Originally Posted by $hip$hape View Post

Dear Michael,

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

MELIÁ PARIS LA DEFENSE </quote>

This is a great idea.. who did you contact at the hotel?

Edited by CP Tech

<quote> Originally Posted by $hip$hape View Post

Dear Michael,

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

MELIÁ PARIS LA DEFENSE </quote>

This is a great idea.. who did you contact at the hotel?

noelia.castillo@melia.com

T: +33 776379969 / +33 175579900

3 things...

I sent an email to the hotel asking about an upgrade for a room with a view and received nothing....

Also, I just tried to book the spa package and it is not available, something about doing it on board....:confused:

so all who are flying out on Sunday on AF 099...are we wearing mardi gras beads to identify each other?

Sandy,

I would like that number if possible. You can email it to me at garylev35 at aol dot com

I too would like to inquire, I sent to the email on the website with no response...if you could send me the email you used that would be great! kingmichaelus @ gmail

Hi Cory and Michael!

Yes! I'll wear my beads, but you'll have no problem recognizing us. My DH is the splitting image of Santa Claus!!

As for the Mercure Montmartre, I haven't heard if the email I sent Gary helped or not. But the onea I've used were:

Olivier h0373@accor.com

Claire Nicolai h0373-re1@accor.com

Peggy Coupel h0373-re1@accor.com

Don't forget to tell them that the reservation is under Gate 1.

If you want a phone number, thess are the ones on their emails:

Olivier (Reception/Front Office) +33 1 44 69 70 70

Claire (Service Reservation/Reservation Department +33 1 44 69 70 00

Peggy (Service Reservation/Reservation Department +33 1 44 69 71 74

I hope this helps. Let me know. I can be reached on my email at sneundor at gmail dot com or by my US Skype number 440-499-6610. As of Saturday afternoon, I'll be at the Hyatt House Miami Airport or my US Cell number is 440-749-3932.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Hi Cory and Michael!

Yes! I'll wear my beads, but you'll have no problem recognizing us. My DH is the splitting image of Santa Claus!!

As for the Mercure Montmartre, I haven't heard if the email I sent Gary helped or not. But the onea I've used were:

Olivier h0373@accor.com

Claire Nicolai h0373-re1@accor.com

Peggy Coupel h0373-re1@accor.com

Don't forget to tell them that the reservation is under Gate 1.

If you want a phone number, thess are the ones on their emails:

Olivier (Reception/Front Office) +33 1 44 69 70 70

Claire (Service Reservation/Reservation Department +33 1 44 69 70 00

Peggy (Service Reservation/Reservation Department +33 1 44 69 71 74

I hope this helps. Let me know. I can be reached on my email at sneundor at gmail dot com or by my US Skype number 440-499-6610. As of Saturday afternoon, I'll be at the Hyatt House Miami Airport or my US Cell number is 440-749-3932.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Sandy:

I sent a request to the emails that you provided on Monday and have not received any word back. So I called the 800 number that I found and they don't have us in the reservation system (even under Gate 1). The gentleman was nice enough to call the hotel directly and they confirmed we have a room. I told them I wanted to upgrade and was put on hold. When the person picked up the phone, it got disconnected. When I called back to the number the gentleman that answered could not help me, but gave me the email address.

God how frustrating....first the airline and now the hotel....I am not sure this package deal is even worth it anymore. Just venting a little bit, I will be fine come Sunday night when the plane is on its way to this wonderful journey.

I will let everyone know what I find out.

Donna

3 things...

>>>

Thing # 2... Also, I just tried to book the spa package and it is not available, something about doing it on board....:confused:

<<<

Hello King,

Catherine and I booked the Thermal Spa Package early on. It's sold out; was limited(on-line) to 100 pax(?),

and the Thermal Spa may still be crowded since it's also "included" for those who have a Haven or Spa Cabin...

and have nothing else to do but PARTY on this Transatlantic voyage.:p

Michael

Sandy:

I sent a request to the emails that you provided on Monday and have not received any word back. So I called the 800 number that I found and they don't have us in the reservation system (even under Gate 1). The gentleman was nice enough to call the hotel directly and they confirmed we have a room. I told them I wanted to upgrade and was put on hold. When the person picked up the phone, it got disconnected. When I called back to the number the gentleman that answered could not help me, but gave me the email address.

God how frustrating....first the airline and now the hotel....I am not sure this package deal is even worth it anymore. Just venting a little bit, I will be fine come Sunday night when the plane is on its way to this wonderful journey.

I will let everyone know what I find out.

Donna

I'm so sorry that you've had such a frustrating experience. Send another email saying you haven't heard from anyone about your upgrade to a Privilege Room with a view of the Eiffel Tower at 40 euros per night for your dates of stay. Maybe copy and paste a copy of your hotel voucher from the e-docs. If nothing else, ask for the upgrade at the front desk when you arrive. Hope you can work it out.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica