What is the "golden time" to embark/disembark

Kohara

Embarkation--if you show up at the terminal about 12:30, you will encounter minimal or no lines. IF you have a PAT earlier than that, show up at your PAT (Port Arrival Time). The system is designed to minimize waiting. You will get a boarding card number tied to your PAT, so this will also get you on the ship as soon as possible.

If your PAT is 12:30 or later, just show up about 12:30. By the time you have checked in, it will be open boarding and you'll walk right on (worst case, a very short wait). About 1:30, but bus traffic from WDW will arrive and lines will form again briefly. So 12:30-1:30 is a sweet spot.

Disembarkation--it depends on what your plans are for the day, whether you are taking off your own luggage, using on board airline check in, or whatever. The system is set up so you must be out of your cabin with all your stuff by 8 am. You go to breakfast (your time is determined by your last night dinner seating), and after breakfast you leave the ship. IF Customs and Immigration is going smoothly, the lines are minimal. BUT if the ship arrived late, Customs didn't clear the ship on time, or whatever, it can be awful. If you are taking off your own luggage (didn't put it out the night before), you can leave at 7:15 or so--as soon as the big doors open and before they announce general disembarkation. No lines then. About 7:30, people with early dinner will have finished breakfast and all the people in a hurry will want to get off....so lines will start to form. By 8 or 8:15, these are gone. This is a good time. About 8:45, you'll get the late breakfast crowd and those who wanted to stay on the ship as long as possible...and again, the lines can form.

ALL of the above is based on Port Canaveral. It varies a little with other ports, but only a little.

In Vancouver for Alaska....

• I left the boat at 9:30am..... slept in and enjoyed my late 8:15am breakfast. Sat around the dining room until 9:30am and very short lines to exit. Next time.... I might try to be last one to walk the plank so I can enjoy snorting more pixie dust. Makes it easier to find my luggage since it will be the last one there.... just hope someone doesn't grab my luggage by mistake.
  • I hear arriving at 1:30pm embarkation has short lines.... but you miss the welcome lunch trough that you paid for. That's one reason why everyone likes to be there early and stand around for 90 minutes or more. Other reasons can include getting tickets and making itinery changes.

Edited by xlxo

We arrived for the dream at 1:45 and was on the ship and walking to our room by 2pm (last week!) we left the ship at 7:30 am and was on a bus back to Orlando airport by 8am. It went so smoothly I honestly couldn't believe it!

Edited to add : we did make it to the buffet lunch but barely. We each got a plate of food then the lines closed at cabanas. But this was after we got our princess tickets and saw our room so if we would of went straight to lunch we would of had plenty of time. :)

Edited by khenry89