Info on l'Hermitage Hotel

This is a great little, rather upscale, boutique hotel. I have seen some of the rooms and I am sure that you will love it. From the hotel it is an easy walk into both trendy Yaletown, historic Gastown and the shops of Robson St or Pacific Centre. You are about 9 or 10 blocks to Canada Place and a couple of blocks to the Vancouver Trolley's (HOHO) stop at Library Square. There are many excellent restaurants within an easy walk of the hotel.

Thoughts...

This hotel and the Fairmonts are the only ones my wife's company suggest to visiting staff & clients. It's been rated the best hotel in town on Tripadvisor every single time I've looked at the site for the last four years. The only downside it ever had IMO was the cursed restaurant space - most have only lasted a year to 18 months in the ground floor spot.

Since Medina moved here though the queues have been continually filling most of the sidewalk even after a year so the curse seems to have been well and truly broken (though you will have to maneuver around a horde of people any day of the week during lunch/brunch time when you arrive & depart from the hotel).

Well thank you everyone....a big help! I think I will go ahead and book that. It is just a little more than the Hampton I was looking at, but DH said to do something different than a chain for this trip and we got flights 700.00 under what we budgeted!!!!! Would love the Pan Pacific but it says no rooms available. Spending 3 days before our cruise and we are so looking forward to the beautiful city!! Thank you again.