Social network package on Pride

crazecatlade

My wife used it to keep in touch via facebook and post pictures to instagram this past may, I can say that it seemed to work okay. The only major complaint she had is that snapchat would not work, and this was the primary way she intended to check up on our younger son that does not have or need facebook.

We had it on the Breeze and were able to text other iPhones (back home) via iMessage. It was great. Facebook and Snapchat worked for us too.

I heard some people with other platform phones (not iphones) had some trouble.

Can someone tell me what the price was for the package? Thanks.

What plans are offered? (new plans)

Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Many of our ships now feature our improved internet plans, offering faster, more reliable connectivity at a greater value, starting from just $5 USD a day. Plans are available in either day-long or cruise-long durations – exact pricing depends on the journey.

Plans that may be bought include: (prices are subject to change)

Social ($5 USD per day) – Best value, great for staying connected to your favorite social networks. Does not include access to the entire internet.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Perfect for casual internet usage. Includes access to email and the whole entire internet, except bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming.

Premium ($25 USD per day) – Best for heavy internet users, like Skype. Includes access to email and the entire internet.Offers our fastest possible speeds!

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. Printing is offered at no charge.

Source: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152

Just to confirm, some were able to text on the $5 plan via imessage? If so that will work great for our 12 year old going to camp, better than walkie talkies

You can text via iMessage with the plan that is $5 per day/$25 per length of cruise. However, if you are wanting to text someone else on the ship, you would have to purchase 2 of those plans- one per device (using different folio numbers). Only one device can be logged in to the plan at a time.

dvond - Yes, the $5 also works. I got the $60 social package for the entire week and my daughter paid for three separate days of $5 each (which will work for exactly 24-hours after you purchase it). They make it very easy to do this on the Library laptops. Purchasing internet is pretty much the home screen there.

I used the $25 social package on the Pride last week. I just got off the ship this morning. I used it to iMessage family at home and send pics and videos. Also, I instagrammed and used Twitter. It worked fine for the most part and wasn't actually slow. A couple of times I had trouble where a message wouldn't send or I couldn't get on my apps, but after talking to guest services, I learned that you just go onto logout.com and log out and then just go back and login again. It reboots it and it worked fine then. Probably had to do that maybe 4-5 times. Only took a second. I thought it was quite a good deal and would definitely buy it again.

Is the $25 pricing for 7 day cruises and is it posted anywhere on Carnival site what the WiFi package would cost for your trip? Anyone tried to use Google Hangouts with the package? I'm assuming it should work, but I'm curious if anyone has tested.

Is the $25 pricing for 7 day cruises and is it posted anywhere on Carnival site what the WiFi package would cost for your trip? Anyone tried to use Google Hangouts with the package? I'm assuming it should work, but I'm curious if anyone has tested.

The $25 package is not posted on carnival's site. It is listed on the info left in your stateroom and posted around the ship. The $25 package will not work with google hangout. It works only with the specific websites/ apps listed in the description (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.). To use google hangout, you would have to purchase a more expensive plan.

I think iMessage has been removed from the description for the social plan. Apparently it is hit and miss as to whether it will work. Something on Apple's end supposedly blocks the messages for some people. Some have reported not being able to use iMessage, while others have been able to use it. Not sure if it would work on the more expensive plans or not. :)

Edited by kim300

The $25 package is not posted on carnival's site. It is listed on the info left in your stateroom and posted around the ship. The $25 package will not work with google hangout. It works only with the specific websites/ apps listed in the description (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.). To use google hangout, you would have to purchase a more expensive plan.

I think iMessage has been removed from the description for the social plan. Apparently it is hit and miss as to whether it will work. Something on Apple's end supposedly blocks the messages for some people. Some have reported not being able to use iMessage, while others have been able to use it. Not sure if it would work on the more expensive plans or not. :)

Thanks, I'll probably skip it and use my T-Mo roaming in ports but this is a pretty good/affordable option to have available.

So hypothetically speaking, I could purchase the 16.00 option for my work computer and get unlimited 24hr access to my email while on the ship? This would be absolutely ideal for sea days!

So hypothetically speaking, I could purchase the 16.00 option for my work computer and get unlimited 24hr access to my email while on the ship? This would be absolutely ideal for sea days!

Yes! I thought of doing the same, just buying daily access for sea days, but with 3 sea days, so it was only an extra $12 to have access for the whole cruise. It was so nice to be able to jump online when I wanted - to check e-mail, weather in port, etc. :)

Do you buy this before you get on the ship?

No, you can only purchase once onboard. There is info in your stateroom and a sign at guest services with info. It is very easy! :)