Chef's Table on Imagination?

jnojr

Is it worth it?

I know Imagination is an older, smaller ship on a low-budget cruise. I'm taking my GF on her first cruise (hence the 3-day itinerary), and we appreciate a fine dinner. Is this a good enough experience for someone who's a moderate foodie and pretty damn good chef in her own right? Or might it be not what we'd experience on a newer ship?

You can review my review of the Chef's Table here (this is on the Miracle but the menu is the same). Hopefully this can help you to decide.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130964

Here are pictures from the Chef's Table on the Imagination held in the library. You can also read my full review of the Imagination here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186027

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Is it worth it?

I know Imagination is an older, smaller ship on a low-budget cruise. I'm taking my GF on her first cruise (hence the 3-day itinerary), and we appreciate a fine dinner. Is this a good enough experience for someone who's a moderate foodie and pretty damn good chef in her own right? Or might it be not what we'd experience on a newer ship?

Only if you like being on Display like an animal. For some reason they hold it in the library and everyone that walks by has their nose in the windows trying to see whats happening.

Is this a good enough experience for someone who's a moderate foodie and pretty damn good chef in her own right? Or might it be not what we'd experience on a newer ship?

The answer to both questions is yes.

It is a great experience on any ship, but a greater experience on the Dream-class ships.

I would do it for sure if she's a foodie.

Would you all recommend it even if you are NOT a foodie? I thought the tour of the kitchen might be interesting...

Absolutely! I'm definitely not a foodie and have enjoyed it a couple of times. Very much looking forward to booking it on the Vista where they will have a true dedicated space for it in the galley.

Absolutely! I'm definitely not a foodie and have enjoyed it a couple of times. Very much looking forward to booking it on the Vista where they will have a true dedicated space for it in the galley.

Thank you! I think it would be a neat experience, even in the library!

• 2 months later...

So, we did this, and I wanted to just post my impressions. It was in the conference room, not the library, I think because we wound up with 18 people signed up. There was a galley tour, but it was about 20-25 minutes. There was no wine pairing... they were very liberal with the champagne in the tour / appetizer section, and a merlot and a sauvignon blanc for the food courses, but they were nothing to be excited about. The food was incredibly inventive... there's no doubt the kitchen staff put a LOT of time and effort into creating these dishes. Some of it just wasn't for me. I definitely enjoyed the experience, and would do it again. But if you really want a good tour of the galley, do the "behind the scenes" excursion. The folks who did that got a lot more time in the galley as well as much more of the ship and crew.