Is Maasdam really THAT bad???

sgrissom

Massdam bad, boy have you been sold a lload of goods. We just got off a New England trip Montreal to Boston on the 24th.

Had a great time. Randel in the piano bar was great. We closed the place every night. Food above par and service always with a smile. No ship is perfect, but the Massdam was prety close.

The weather was raniy at the start, but every day had enoghsun to make the ports enjoyable. My wife wants to buy a summer home on PEI. No kjidding she talked to a realtor before we left the port.

We had a minor problem with the pulmbing, but the front desk clerk got the right people to get it fixed before we returned to our cabin after the fisrt show.

I hope my littel tell eliminates some of your worries. Remenber if you take a crusie expecting perfection you will alwys be disapointed. Expect onlt to enjoy yourself and take life as it comes. It not woth the bother compalnning when a egg or two gets broke.

Thank you, Ruth and Bruce!

I'll check out your journal right away...and by the way, thank you for taking the time to write one....I think it's going to help me alot! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'm really excited about reading all the postings--I feel like I just joined a very special club!! Hopefully I'll be able to put my two cents in sometime, and answer someone's questions!!

Not that I'm wishing my life away, but......I can't wait 'til next summer!!!

:D Trish

Thats because Dolly Smith told me it fits your personality!!!!!!!:D

Oops. :o O.K., now, we all know the rule: what happened on the Rotterdam (Maasdam, Veendam, etc.) stays on the Rotterdam.... Got it? ;)

Trish, there were many, many others who added their thoughts to The Happy Wanderer threads, so you should be able to get a good over-all view of the cruise.

After that, please start a thread with any questions you might have. Over the years I've taken many of the possible shore excursions, and spoken to people who have taken many more. It will be my pleasure to re-live my cruise by talking about it to you, and Bruce, and Esther E, and....:)

Ruth,

I've "sailed" with you on this year's cruise (what fun!!), now I'm going to read last year's journal. After I finish, I'll start my thread, with all my questions.

It sounds like the North Sea is a bit rough!! Two excursions I'm interested in so far (from the catalog) -Swimming in the Blue Lagoon, and the Paris trip on the Seine. Believe it or not, I've tried to book those excursions, but they say it's too early!!!!! I guess I'm a little excited!:D

Trish

Oops. :o O.K., now, we all know the rule: what happened on the Rotterdam (Maasdam, Veendam, etc.) stays on the Rotterdam.... Got it? ;)

By the way Ruth I sailed with Dolly on the Prinsendam in Dec up the Amazon river. She also told me then that she would be on the Amsterdam for the 62 day cruise, Lord willing. I hope to see her this week on the Amsterdam. She is a riot!:D

Archived