How/where to get Euro's in Europe?

JD26

Many banks in the US have them. Or you can get some exchanged at your US airport. Or you can exchange them at the European airport. Or you can go to an ATM in Europe. Or go to a bank in Europe.

We usually choose the ATM at the airport in Europe. But have used all of them.

All of them have some kind of fees and rates- you can check on some of them now- like your local banks (and it may not be yours, but one of the larger ones) and you can check your bank for the ATM fees when used in Europe. For that, you can either use a credit card or your own bank card.

We will be on our first cruise to Europe. We are sailing from Barcelona. How should we get Euro's for our two weeks in Europe? Thanks for the help.

I would get some from a bank here, and the bulk from an ATM in Barcelona. We've used the ATM at the airport before without a problem.

I would get some from a bank here, and the bulk from an ATM in Barcelona. We've used the ATM at the airport before without a problem.

That's exactly what I do. I get a little before I leave, usually right at the airport, then hit up an ATM once I arrive. They give you a much better rate.