Early Flight out of Copenhagen

itsjb1

What are the chances of making a 9AM flight out of Copenhagen on Tuesday 9/12/06?

We are thinking of booking a 9:25 flight on Northwest, although I'm worried that might be cutting it close. We don't want to lug our bags to the train, assuming (maybe a BIG assumption) that taxis will at the pier.

Anybody have any idea how early the ship's transfer buses will start running? I figure if we take the bus we'll be lucky to make the !2:20 flight:rolleyes:

You'll have no problem getting the 12:25pm flight with a ship's transfer.

Firstly, just to clarify what has been said before: the metro in Copenhagen is brand new and as yet incomplete. It currently does not run anywhere near where the Star Princess docks. By "metro" assume the previous correspondents meant "train". The closest station to the dock is "Nordhavn" which is a 15 minute walk from the ship. Trains commencing 5:19am run about every 10 minutes, but you need to change either at Norreport or at the Copenhagen Main Station for the trains to the airport. There is no direct train from Nordhavn to the airport. The journey including transfers is about 30 minutes. Timings for weekends could be a little different.

Secondly, if there are other ships docked at the same time (which is usual) taxis at the dockside are pretty intermittent and there are always long lines of passengers waiting for a cab. If you intend to get a taxi it's best to do a little research into local taxi companies and order one especially for yourself well in advance.

John

We actually had to change planes twice(Berlin and Amsterdam) on our trip last summer. The only time we had to claim our bags was at our final destination in Copenhagen. The bags are checked all the way through. Just double check with your airline when you check your bags in....shouldn't be any problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am bumping this up so maybe some recent Baltic/Star Princess passengers can tell me if it is possible to catch a 9am flight on Sept. 12th. Continental has one that is pretty reasonable and United has one at 12:20pm that isn't bad. Could anybody give me a idea. I still haven't booked my flight want to by this next week-end. Decisions, decisions:confused:

Delores

We are on the July 14th sailing and Princess made our air arrangements. We have a 7:20 AM flight home on July 24th so I'm assuming that we're going to be one of the first off the ship at a very early hour that morning. I wouldn't expect any problems with 8:30 or 9 AM flights if we're booked to leave at 7:20 AM. Since the ship overnights there on the 23rd it will have already been cleared on that date and ready for disembarkation very early on the 24th.

I am bumping this up so maybe some recent Baltic/Star Princess passengers can tell me if it is possible to catch a 9am flight on Sept. 12th. Continental has one that is pretty reasonable and United has one at 12:20pm that isn't bad. Could anybody give me a idea. I still haven't booked my flight want to by this next week-end. Decisions, decisions:confused:

Delores

I'm on the same trip as you and we're booked on the 12:20 United flight. I talked to Princess yesterday, regarding something else, and the rep. did say we should have no problem, using the ship's transfer, but they don't advise flights prior to 11 a.m., to allow for check-in and security.

I think I will book the 12:20 with United. I like the times better than any of the others. Gooselace we can probably share a taxi, if you want to. I think it is faster than the bus. You don't have to wait until it fills up. But of course that is up to you.

Delores

I think I will book the 12:20 with United. I like the times better than any of the others. Gooselace we can probably share a taxi, if you want to. I think it is faster than the bus. You don't have to wait until it fills up. But of course that is up to you.

Delores

I think you'll be glad not to have to worry about getting to the airport too late for the NW flight and then trying to change to United. Thanks for offering to share a taxi. My cruisemate made the arrangements (for wheeelchair access) with her TA and paid for the transfer, so might be a problem to back out now.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your friend. We still haven't decided what to do about Gdansk, but may just skip it and try to get a taxi to see whatever there is in Gdynia and maybe the other nearby village.

Deloresgardella: We were off the ship by 6:15 and also had some friends that were doing the Newark flight at 9:00 and they were there in plenty of time for their flight. they did the princess transfers, we did it on our own and we got to the airport about the same time as them as we saw them in the security line to go to your gates.

Thanks everyone for your information. I booked our flight last night after getting home from work. The price dropped $77 a piece so wanted to get it booked before it went up again. I booked directly with United, it was cheaper than most of the cheap air web sites. I also have mileage plus. :) So that is a plus.

I think I finaly have everything together. I am going to pay for our hotel room around the first of the month. Have one more thing done.:D

Delores

Just wanted to let everyone know that our stay at the Marriott was wonderful. Was the best hotel stay we have ever had. And for only paying $96 thru priceline made it even better. I suggest you try this within a month of departure and then cancel the reservations you already have if you get a successful bid from priceline. The Marriott wasn't as far as some people have suggested and is only a 10min walk to Tivoli. We could see Tivoli from our hotel room at night and saw fireworks!! Staff at this hotel go above and beyond the call to make your stay a pleasant one.

Archived