Early Flight out of Copenhagen

itsjb1

We were on the Star coming from Oslo. Disembarkation started around 6:15. We had an 11:50 flight. We got off the ship at 6:30 and were at the airport by 7am. It was a rainy Sunday morning and took little time to get to the airport. From other comments on the boards it seems you should check whether there are other ships arriving in port that morning. that may effect the availability of taxis. We when left the ship there were many taxis and an orderly process to claim a cab.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I can just take a cab to the metro and then go to the airport as I heard taxi's charge 40-50 dollars to go to the airport. I want to say our flight is at 9:30 or 10am.

We are also sailing on the Star Princess. Did you like the ship?

I have been on the Star twice - last winter in the Caribbean and this past summer in the Baltic. I like the ship. The way it is designed, you do not feel like there are 2500 other people on board. I like the self service laundry that is available, especially on the 10 day cruise.

• 1 month later...

Based on what I have read on these boards you shouldn't have a problem. Once thing that is good about Copenhagen is that the airport isn't far from the city. I was told by someone that I could get on the metro stop a couple of blocks from where the ships ties up and the metro goes right to the airport.

Based on what I have read on these boards you shouldn't have a problem. Once thing that is good about Copenhagen is that the airport isn't far from the city. I was told by someone that I could get on the metro stop a couple of blocks from where the ships ties up and the metro goes right to the airport.

I was unsure and scared I couldn't make the 8:30am flight, so I just booked the next flight at 3:30pm...

So does anyone know if there are lockers or baggage check room in the Copenhagen airport to leave our bags, while we head back to town to spend the day til the afternoon flight ??

Anybody remember seeing any lockers ??

Srpilo

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, I don't think you will have a problem but maybe you should check with Princess. I think my flight is at 9:30am and I am not going to worry about it. Someone informed me that there was a metro station not far from the pier and it goes to the airport in about 10-15 minutes.

Well, if you have luggage that rolls I guess it wouldn't be too difficult. The wife and I took the Metro from Providence to Boston once and then got on a metro bus to Logan airport and it wasn't too bad. I guess it depends on how much you can handle.

I was unsure and scared I couldn't make the 8:30am flight, so I just booked the next flight at 3:30pm...

So does anyone know if there are lockers or baggage check room in the Copenhagen airport to leave our bags, while we head back to town to spend the day til the afternoon flight ??

Anybody remember seeing any lockers ??

Srpilo

Leave your bags at the Copenhagen train station which is right in the heart of Copenhagen and then take the train to the airport! The lockers are easy to find and use in Copenhagen.

There are two ways to store your luggage at the Copenhagen train station. Self serve lockers and attnedants, I believe the cost was about $20 for the day for all our luggage. We each had a small rolling carry on and well as a large bag. I have to say it was a little rough getting it up on the train when we left for the airport. I was right at the weight limit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're looking at an itinerary that have us change planes in Amsterdam. Does anyone know whether we would have to get our bags from the IAD-AMS flight and then check them in for the AMS-CPH flight? Would we be going through customs twice? There seems to be ample time (2-3 hrs.), but we're not up for too much lugging/rolling of luggage. These may be dumb questions but I've never done an international flight with change of planes. Had planned on a nonstop, but there is a significance difference in price.

Archived