Fort Lauderdale things to do for a full day

lovevacadays

Our cruise leaves on a Sunday. Many of us are going to arrive Friday so we have a full day Saturday to explore. I've only done the tour that takes you through the canals. It was a lot of fun.

What things do you like to do when you are in Fort Lauderdale? Any favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner restaurants? I'm going to check the restaurant pages that are on the stickie thread but would still appreciate some input.

Thanks

Our cruise leaves on a Sunday. Many of us are going to arrive Friday so we have a full day Saturday to explore. I've only done the tour that takes you through the canals. It was a lot of fun.

What things do you like to do when you are in Fort Lauderdale? Any favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner restaurants? I'm going to check the restaurant pages that are on the stickie thread but would still appreciate some input.

Thanks

Will you have a car?

Thanks

I'll give you some ideas by telling you what we do when we vacation in Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach once a year. Keep in mind, we usually have a car.

1) Lauderdale by the Sea - a short drive north on A1A. We like breakfast at the Village Grille or lunch at Aruba Beach Cafe, and to walk on Anglin's Fishing Pier.

2) Pelican Landing at Hyatt Pier 66 for Happy Hour or to watch the Sunset. We like their drinks, food, and the view is great.

3) Las Olas Blvd - lots of great restaurants and shops.

4) Go to the Beach, check out Beach Place right on A1A - there is a CVS there and a place called LuLu's Bait Shack that we like to grab some food and drinks at, overlooks the beach. Very casual.

5) We like to have drinks in the evening at the Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Beach on A1A/Seabreeze Blvd. They have a nice upper deck with a bar overlooking the ocean. You can access this directly from A1A if you're walking along the beach....above Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (which I also like!)

6) Two other quick, casual eateries I like:

Primanti Brother's for their pizza and sandwiches - just north of the main beach area/Beach Place; and

Gilbert's 17th Street Grille on Cordova Blvd. for burgers and fries. And excellent Key Lime Pie!

7) Also love Casablanca Cafe on A1A.

Thanks

We absolutely love to go to Cocounuts and have some Scooby Snacks - absolutely great place and service is awesome

What time of year are you visiting?

May through September, skip the Everglades. Seriously, the mosquitos are a thing and it's too hot and muggy out there.

Breakfast:

OB House in Himmarshee Village. It is a gorgeous, palm tree lined street that most tourist don't get to and it is marvelous. Best breakfast in town. While you are there, Rok Burger, Tarpon Bend, Public House, and Taco Craft are all excellent.

Lunch:

While I hate to recommend anything I'm associated with, right now I'm having a love affair with Louie Bossi on Las Olas. It is amazing! Also favorites, Roccos Tacos! Get the tableside guac, a pitcher of one of their many margaritas (jalapeno is my fave), and the seafood molcajete! Oh man!

Dinner:

I love S3 down on the beach! Also, if money is not an object, the short rib at Steak 954 is one of the best things I've ever eaten! Both are oceanfront and the views are amazing.

Things to do:

The Water Taxi is my favorite. Off season you can find 241 on Amazon. The only way to see Fort Lauderdale is by water.

We have a group of 8 arriving from Celebrity Infinity on 12/5/15 @7:00 am and would like to tour in Fort Lauderdale before going to FLL airport around 4:00 pm for 5:55 pm flight. We would like to go to Billie Swamp Safari (6 hours tour), so anyone know about the place & is it worth to go?

Bob:)

We have a group of 8 arriving from Celebrity Infinity on 12/5/15 @7:00 am and would like to tour in Fort Lauderdale before going to FLL airport around 4:00 pm for 5:55 pm flight. We would like to go to Billie Swamp Safari (6 hours tour), so anyone know about the place & is it worth to go?

Bob:)

Are you sure you have time to do this? It is going to take you at least an hour each way and herding 8 people around is going to be tough. When are you going to eat lunch?

Water taxi. There are a lot of routes for the water taxi, so some may take you to new places. Definitely stop at Las Olas and wander the area. Many restaurants along the water taxi stops, and many more not far away from them. I love Fort Lauderdale. I am going to miss it on my next cruise which leaves from Miami, but I love Miami too.:) Have a great cruise.

Are you sure you have time to do this? It is going to take you at least an hour each way and herding 8 people around is going to be tough. When are you going to eat lunch?

I didn't know how far a drive to the Billie Swamp Safari from the Port of Everglades, so if it take 2 hours round trip then we will not have time. As for lunch we are planning to eat at the Safari.

Thanks,

Bob

I didn't know how far a drive to the Billie Swamp Safari from the Port of Everglades, so if it take 2 hours round trip then we will not have time. As for lunch we are planning to eat at the Safari.

Thanks,

Bob

It is WAY out in the middle of nowhere. Literally, nowhere. Probably close to a 75 mile drive each way.

I would think either a day room at a swank hotel for the pool and amenities and beach or water taxi would be great fun for your family.