Luggage After Cruise

RJ7591

I had a friend ask a question that I can't answer...

They are ending their cruise in San Juan and plan to stay a few days before flying back home. The ship docks at 7AM but they can't check into their condo until 4PM. She has already asked if they will store luggage and they won't because of the liability. Any suggestions as to what to do with 4 suitcases? I thought I remembered someone saying there was a place that would hold luggage for a fee but not sure that's correct.

I have seen many talk about it and seems it works. I also read somewhere that there is a place right at the pier that will hold your bags for a drink.

You can also take a tour and be dropped off at the condo, if none of that works.

We just did this 5 days ago (on Saturday after our cruise ended). It worked just fine. You drop your bags off and they give you a claim ticket. You don't have to eat there and they aren't pushy for tips, but I think tips are probably expected and we did pay about $15 for around 10 or 12 bags. We ate here after walking around old town and the forts and didn't find it worth the money they charge for food and wasn't impressed with their piña coladas (not much flavor). Service was slow and prices were in the $20 per item range. We did not tip a second time when picking up our bags but felt a little guilty because it was a different person who opened the room for us than the person who was there when we dropped them off.

Anyhow, our bags were safe and nothing was taken. And it was a good option for us while waiting for our hotel check in time.