Just back from Breakaway 8/2-8/9

Baileyjojo

We sailed on the Breakaway July 26-Aug 2. By far the best cruise I have taken. Was concerned for the negative reviews but I have no complaints. Always able to get a seat for 5 in the Garden cafe, lots of things for the kids to do(13, 11, 6) loved the optional dining especially Wasabi. We had the UBP and never a problem getting a drink or 2 or 3.

The ship is beautiful would definitely sail again. Embarkation was super easy and we opted for the last disembark time at 10:15 am. We were called 10:00 am, had luggage and we're through customs in 15 minutes. Amazing! Galveston could take a lesson from Manhattan. Loved the entertainment especially Rock of Ages, Burn the floor and Howl the moon. Fab vacay

Great Glad you all had a good time.. We are heading out on Sept 13th cruise. Do you know where I can buy and how much the transportation passes are for Bermuda? Also I am looking for parking in NYC . Thanks Steve

we will be with you on this cruise - can't wait want to go to some beach - I think I better start planning....

See you soon.

Walk off on this cruise was easily the best disembarkation experience we've ever had. We headed down to Deck 7 forward shortly after 7am. We lined up adjacent to the bowling lanes in O'Sheehans - one or two families behind the roped-off area. They opened the gates around 7:40am, and we were out and at our car within 10 minutes.

This is great to hear! Hoping it will be just as easy for our cruise in October. With an 8 hour drive ahead, we'll want to be off the ship as early as possible!

This was one of the best vacations we have taken! The ship is amazing and the staff work so hard. I'm not going into detail on the whole cruise, so if you have questions, ask away!

I just have to say that I read many posts that were negative in nature and I did not feel that I was nickel and dimed, nor did I feel cheated in any way. There was nothing I would have changed about this trip, only I wish I was still there!

Thank you for the positive feedback. Can't wait for our first cruise on NCL in October. Glad you had a great trip!!!:)

I was also on this cruise and we had a great week as well. The most unpleasant part was disembarkation. It was horrible. I would choose easy walk off next time. We had 9:30 scheduled and the terminal was crazy by then.

WHats easy walk off, and where can i get it ? lol THanks for the info in advance, Joe

• 1 month later...
This was our 5th time in Bermuda and we still found new things to do. I agree with OP...we go to Horseshoe Bay Beach every time we come. We always buy the 2 day transportation passes. First used it to go to St. Georges and then Tom Moore's jungle to swim in the caves and swim in the Blue Hole. We then took a quick bus ride to Hamilton from the jungle then the Hamilton ferry back to the ship. We also took the direct bus shuttle to Horseshoe Bay Beach.

A really great thing to do is parasailing with KW Watersports...you will see tons of sea turtles and the entire island from about 450 feet up.

Bermuda is a beautiful island with friendly, polite people. No hassles like some of the other Caribbean islands.

Could you tell me more about Tom Moore's Jungle and the Blue Hole. I have tried searches etc. but all the info seems to be a few years old, some say it is free, other say there is a charge etc. How much time would you set aside for it? It sounds like something my family of 4 would love!!

I have been lurking here for a week or so, have a cruise booked for January out of Miami but have decided to switch to the Oct 18 Breakaway to Bermuda instead, it fits our schedule better and is closer and Bermuda seems amazing.

Thanks for any information any of you may have.

Could you tell me more about Tom Moore's Jungle and the Blue Hole. I have tried searches etc. but all the info seems to be a few years old, some say it is free, other say there is a charge etc. How much time would you set aside for it? It sounds like something my family of 4 would love!!

I have been lurking here for a week or so, have a cruise booked for January out of Miami but have decided to switch to the Oct 18 Breakaway to Bermuda instead, it fits our schedule better and is closer and Bermuda seems amazing.

Go over to the Bermuda board. You will find your answer.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Edited by janetz

Hi Monof2boys,

There is discrepancy in the information on Tom Moore's jungle because you can either do it yourself (for free) or go on a tour (roughly $150 p/p). To do it yourself at your own pace, buy your transportation tickets. Take the 9:30 ferry to St. George's. Stop by the grocery store in the center of town for lunch stuff and water. Trust me...you will need food and water because there is nothing in the jungle and you'll be there a few hours. We bought things like nuts, granola bars, crackers, etc.

Once you have your lunch, take the bus toward the Swizzle Inn. (I forgot what number bus it is, but there is a map on the wall by the post office right where you catch the bus. Don't worry...everyone will help you). When you get on board the bus, tell the driver you want to go to Tom Moore's jungle.

At the bus stop, you will enter a whitewashed wall that says Tom Moore's tavern. Walk down the path until you reach the tavern. To the left of the tavern is a reddish dirt path leading into the jungle. Follow the path around to see caves, fishing holes, caves to swim in (this is a little difficult to find but worth it to swim in the caves) and you will eventually end up at the Blue Hole (another awesome swimming experience). Keep following the path that will lead you out to the main road where you catch another bus to take you back.

The jungle is free; cave swimming is free; the Blue hole is free. The only differences we could see between the paid tour and ours was that they got lighted hardhats to walk in the caves (bring a flashlight yourself) and lunch. So, do it yourself for literally nothing and have a great time.