Soverign of the Seas - 10/07/2005 - Any one else going or have suggestions?

Hello All!

I am getting so excited about our cruise in two weeks on the Soverign of the Seas 10/07/2005. My hubby and I are going with our two boys (4.5 and 6.5 years old). We have never cruised with the kids before so this is a whole new experience. Any suggestions are welcome!

Anyone else out there going as well?

Tiffany:)

Hello Tiffany !

I would suggest you take full advantage of the Adventure Ocean kids program that is available on the ship.

The Link in my signature has scans of the Adventure Ocean daily activity sheets.

It is free, except for the late night after hours I think from 10pm to 1am. I believe it was $5 or $6 per hour. ( We also tipped)

My 4yr old Daughter love every minute of it. Sometimes she did not want to leave when we would go to pick her up.

They even had some scheduled activities on the island while we were at Coco Cay, we dropped her off there for a few hours, and then me and DH snuck off to do the Jet Skis while she played in the sand !!

I know you are on vacation as a family, but it's always nice to have the kids program in case you 2 need some time to relax.

I may think of more to add, or feel free to email me if you have questions.

sametcalf3d@hotmail.com

Have Fun !!:D

We are staying in a Grand Suite....i am afraid i might be a little spoiled...our last RCL cruise we had a balcony and my hubby won't settle for any less now.....then we figured with the little ones we needed some more room.

Thanks for the info about the Adventure Kids Program....it sounds so great!

My boys are very excited about it....the only thing I worry about is that they'll be in different groups....Connor will be 7 in December and Mitch will be 5 in January...so it's not like either could move up or down in the age group....so separation from me could be a little tough....it all depend on their mood at the time.

Tiffany

Tiffany,

I second the reply about Adventure Ocean. My 5yo loved it a couple weeks ago. They have computers to play on, watch movies, play games. Even a talent show one morning which parents could attend.

One afternoon was Pirate Day where they made hats & had their faces made up like pirates. Then they marched through the ship singing a little pirate song. We were in the dining room when they came through, stopping to sing right in front of our table.

Another day was Incredibles Day (as in the Disney movie) where they had masks painted on their faces and wide ribbon stapled around their wrists as the glove-things. And coincidentally , that night was Pajama Night. My daughter had her Incredibles Violet PJ's so she was in high cotton!

Even on formal night I though she'd be ALL ABOUT getting all dolled up for dinner. Nope, she wanted kid's club!

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Peach

One thing I remember -

When you walk into the Windjammer, if it is really busy, pass up the first set of buffet stations, walking towards the front of the ship, passing through the tables and chairs area, and there is another buffet station area.

Usually MUCH less crowded.

Unfortunately we didn't find this out for a few days !!:o

One thing I remember -

When you walk into the Windjammer, if it is really busy, pass up the first set of buffet stations, walking towards the front of the ship, passing through the tables and chairs area, and there is another buffet station area.

Usually MUCH less crowded.

Unfortunately we didn't find this out for a few days !!:o

Great tip!

Thanks

Hello All!

I am getting so excited about our cruise in two weeks on the Soverign of the Seas 10/07/2005. My hubby and I are going with our two boys (4.5 and 6.5 years old). We have never cruised with the kids before so this is a whole new experience. Any suggestions are welcome!

Anyone else out there going as well?

Tiffany:)

We'll be on that cruise as well! I and my husband, a few teenage girls (going for dd's sweet 16!) and our 4 1/2 year old daughter! She loves ocean adventure, and can't wait to go and make more friends! Have a great time!

Tami

Hey Duluth - I'm Snellville!! We cruised on the Sovereign in June. It was great. Hope you have a great time! Would post a review when you get back and tell who the captain is? My family and church family went this last time, but now we're planning a "Girlfriend Getaway" on the Sovereign for just the girls.

I have never sailed with Captain Loekling but saw him on the "Drydock" special and would like to sail with him. Hope someone can tell me if he is going to be the captain of the Sovereign in March, April, or May - that's the tentative date that we're planning to cruise. Would appreciate any info from those who sail before then.

Archived