FLL Hampton Inn North

cruisewiththekids

Shuttle worked just fine, we were given a time when we checked in and they had several shuttles doing the hotel-pier run. We left hotel at 12 noon and were at pier area 10 min. later.

We took a taxi from a/p to the hotel and that was $15 so I would imagine to the pier would be about $10-12. The hotel may have to call a taxi for pickup as there were none just sitting around the hotel. That may add a few dollars to the charge.

I actually think the desk clerk said "we can get you over to the port at 12 noon, is that ok". we said "sure". I would think the time you are assigned is based on your checkin time - early checkin earlier shuttle, but I would not swear to that. We checked in about 5 p.m.

What day did you sail? We're sailing on a Thursday, which I'm thinking is probably not the busiest day. We won't get in til pretty late though and don't want to get to the ship much past 12.

Also, was there any problem with the airport to hotel shuttle, the fact you took a taxi? Sorry, always looking for a problem.

Thanks.

I have to say you sound like me - a worrier :-)

Our cruise started on a Friday and we flew from Phoenix to FLL on Thurs. The reason we took a taxi is that when the shuttle came the driver told us that he had to pick up a group of 12 that had called before we did and that it would be about 20 min. till the other shuttle got over to get us. I was exhausted (we do not live in PHX and we had been up since 4:30 a.m. to get to airport) so we decided to take a cab.

As a worrier you might want to know there is a railroad track that runs across a major street that goes to hotel (and to pier). We got stuck with a slow moving train going from a/p to hotel. We had the taxi driver from hell who would not turn on his a/c (or did not have any, we never did figure out what he was growling at us while we sat and sweltered-we may be from AZ and used to heat, but the humidity killed us). The following a.m. the shuttle driver told us that those trains drive him nuts on his runs too. Luckily we did not encounter the train on the way to the pier.

You might call the hotel directly (not 800 number) and ask about shuttle arrangements to pier since you want to go by at least 12. We talked to some people from PA in the hotel lobby who had the 1 p.m. shuttle and turned out they were on our deck, down the hall from us. When we talked to them on the ship they said they had no problem with the 1 p.m. time, they were over at pier in 10 min.

We took a taxi from pier back to airport on a Monday (we had 10 day cruise) and traffic was light and the fare was $10 plus tip..and we had a pleasant driver who used his a/c :-)

Hotel was fine for an overnite, regular Hampton Inn style continental breakfast with some hot items as well as standard rolls, Danish, cereals, etc. There is a free computer in lobby for guests use. The shopping center across the way was not the most elegant I've ever been in :-) but there was a Winn-Dixie grocery there where we went and got some sandwiches and brought them back to eat (we were too tired to worry about restuarants). There is a McDonalds and Wendy's nearby too if you are looking for fast food.

Our room was fine, non-smoking, king bed, decent sized bathroom and at the end of the hall. It was very quiet. The hotel was full tho, almost all cruisers (several different ships).

I hope this helps !!!

Archived