No Grandeur Cruises out of New Orleans until 12/06?

Schmellody

As a previous Grandeur cruiser out of New Orleans, I know it was a wonderful place to embark. Unfortunately, things have changed. I urge all of you who are calling RCCL trying to determine where your cruise will depart to ask RCCL to move a ship to Mobile while you've got RCCL on the phone. I went on the Carnival Holiday in January and the cruise terminal is phenomenal - modern, up to date, and the city was so glad to have cruisers and Carnival there - they are so gracious. However, now Mobile has lost its cruise business due to the Holiday being rented to FEMA for an unknown (lengthy) period of time. My TA is in Mobile and said she has not booked a cabin in three weeks, but she's canceled so many. Mobile is taking at least a $12 million hit by not having Carnival there, not to mention the damage the city got from Katrina (small compared to MS and LA, but they still suffered). So, please URGE, BEG, PLEAD RCCL to MOVE A SHIP TO MOBILE. I promise you won't mind leaving out of Mobile! You'll love the Southern Hospitality!!!

Archived