No Grandeur Cruises out of New Orleans until 12/06?

Schmellody

I have a cruise booked with RCCL leaving out of New Orleans on Grandeur of the seas on 1/7/06. I just checked RCCL's website (checking to see if prices have gone down) and the CRUISE ISN'T EVEN THERE! Any ideas? Has anyone heard that they've moved us from NO? I can still find the cruise on other websites (yahoo, etc), but RCCL does not show my cruise at all. Weird.:confused:

That happened to us on the Radiance for February 12th. All of a sudden the cruise wasn't there. The C&A people said it was down for price maintenance or something, but it was gone for a couple months. A ran a google check on Radiance and the date and it came up for a Christian group and all bookings were to be through their travel agency. I called RCI and changed our cruise to 2/26 - no penalties, same cabin no problems. Incidentally, the 2/12 cruise is still not showing on the website. And then sometimes the ship is leased for the week by a corporation or some other group. If it is, RCI will contact you to switch your cruise.

Schmellody, a lot of people are waiting for the cruise line to advise them of their upcoming Grandeur cruises. Most of us realize that the cruise line may not know exactly what is going on, but so far there has been absolutely no communication from them to either passengers or travel agents. If you call the cruise line you will get a different answer depending upon who you talk to.

My family decided last week to cancel the cruise rather than make final payment this Friday, and perhaps be stuck with a less than satisfactory outcome.

Be careful, though, if you voice displeasure about how Royal Caribbean is handling this on this board, you will be accused of being insensitive to the dead and selfish for just thinking of yourself.

That happened to us on the Radiance for February 12th. All of a sudden the cruise wasn't there. The C&A people said it was down for price maintenance or something, but it was gone for a couple months. A ran a google check on Radiance and the date and it came up for a Christian group and all bookings were to be through their travel agency. I called RCI and changed our cruise to 2/26 - no penalties, same cabin no problems. Incidentally, the 2/12 cruise is still not showing on the website. And then sometimes the ship is leased for the week by a corporation or some other group. If it is, RCI will contact you to switch your cruise.

Additional information that wasn't in the first post is that none of the Grandeur sailings from New Orleans are listed until December 2006. There has not been any communication yet from RCCL.

ok, here's something loopy. Checked my 12/3 grandeur reservation online and it's now listed as a *5* day cruise (not 7). I called RCCL and the guy said that things were obviously in flux, but that the cruise was now listed as a 5 day cruise out of TAMPA (to Cozumel and Georgetown). He advised me not to panic and to check again in a day or two because things seemed to still be changing.

I would think that RCCL still isn't sure what they are planning so are not selling any further bookings until 12/2006. Not sure what will happen to those already booked, that will be hard to rearrange air travel especially not knowing if your cruise is cancelled or moved to a different port.:(

They me be having to wait to see what happens to Galveston as well as New Orleans before they know what ports are available to sail out of. I know you guys are anxious about your cruises but give them some time to make a decision.

I'm okay with waiting for RC to make a decision. I'm okay with possibly having to drive to a differenct port, even thought I don't know where that may be. I'm not thrilled with any of this, but I'm okay.

I'm not okay with my seven day cruise booked 12/10 being turned into a five day cruise.

I sure hope that doesn't happen.

Sharon

P.S. I am not a selfish person.

osiebosie - oddly, when I asked the agent to check the 12/10 cruise, he said it was still listed as 7 from New Orleans but was "red flagged," meaning among other things that things were changing. He had no other explanation for the oddities other than that things were actively changing. He said they had gotten a memo that morning that said "we don't know where, but not New Orleans" regarding Grandeur.

Obviously, my thoughts are with the residents of New Orleans as they begin this difficult recovery, and I also hope that Rita doesn't do the same thing wherever it makes landfall. I do, however, also have a responsibility to the 15 other friends I convinced to take this cruise who now have airline reservations they need to figure out. :) I emphasize, for the propriety police who may be watching (grin), that I am not angry and I do not expect RCCL to make a decision in the absence of information. I am merely sharing what I know.

Cheers

I have been watching the information on where the Grandeur will sail from very closely as we are booked on the Spring repo "from" NOLA to San Juan and then on to Baltimore. We had a 2 night hotel stay booked at the NOLA Sheraton. Today they called and left a message on my home phone stating they were cancelling all hotel reservations until further notice and they hoped this didn't cause a problem. So, I am hoping the RCCL does plan to move the Grandeur somewhere that can support the fly in people. My heart breaks for NOLA as I heard and now watch the levees flood again. God bless all those who are effected by these terrible times.

Schmellody, a lot of people are waiting for the cruise line to advise them of their upcoming Grandeur cruises. Most of us realize that the cruise line may not know exactly what is going on, but so far there has been absolutely no communication from them to either passengers or travel agents. If you call the cruise line you will get a different answer depending upon who you talk to.

My family decided last week to cancel the cruise rather than make final payment this Friday, and perhaps be stuck with a less than satisfactory outcome.

Be careful, though, if you voice displeasure about how Royal Caribbean is handling this on this board, you will be accused of being insensitive to the dead and selfish for just thinking of yourself.

We went ahead and made our final payment....TA said RCCL has still not changed anything!!

I talked to my agent and RCCL AGAIN today, and as I was talking to them, pretty much all the records on Grandeur were just locked. I was assured that anything I saw regarding Tampa or cruise length was "not final" and that nothing more would be known until next week. So I'll call back next week, and in the meantime my thoughts and prayers are with the residents of Louisiana and Texas as they cope with this new threat.

I was just on the RCCL site they list the Grandeur out of Tampa on a 5 nights with a date of Feb 02 06. There are no available cabins.

We are booked on the Jan 7th cruise. I hope they keep the 7 nights and do not switch to the 5 nights.

As Akeka, when I go into my reservation for the April 29th sailing, it shows that the reservation is being worked on and I can't access it. But if I try to book a shore excursion for the same sailing, it shows that we depart from Tampa, with the same 7 night itinerary we had when we were schedule to leave from NOLA.

For Dec 24 Grandeur, my reservation on RCCL website still says New Orleans embarkation.

Same for when booking excursions. however, when trying to select New Orleans tours - just had to test - it says:

Please note that we are in the process of updating / gathering this information for the port of call requested. Shore Excursion information for the selected port is not available at this time due to a change of itinerary or because your sail date falls outside of the current shore excursion season. Please visit our web site closer to your sail date. Thank you.

Frankly...in all honesty..I do not believe that New Orleans will be able to be ready for my sailing on Grandeur Jan 07, 2006. Now Galveston...It would take a miracle to get the town ready by January. If RCCL moves to Tampa..they better make a decision real quick. I purchased airfares seperately, and I have the option to change it back into a voucher and re-issue new tickets with no penalties or change fares. If they move it to Tampa..it will only cost me $40 dollars more for both DW and me. PLEASE RCCL..make a decison...something...just throw something out.

I just got off the phone with RCCL inquiring about the status of Grandeur, and also why on their website there is no cruises available until December of 2006. I am scheduled to go on Grandeur Jan 7th, 2006. Spoke with a Brad...Brad states that RCCL is now under heavy consideration of cancelling all cruises until Dec 2006!!!:eek::eek: I asked again if he heard correctly. He stated "RCCL is now under heavy consideration of either cancelling all cruises until Dec 2006, or rescheduling with other cruise lines. I asked if they cancelled, would we get 100%? Stated yes, or reschedule with other cruise lines.

Man...we originally were scheduled to go on the AOS back in 2005, but cancelled due to health complications. Now RCCL is considering cancelling. Guess what comes around..goes around eh? I really wish that RCCL would seriously consider at LEAST switching to Tampa, or Mobile.

I sure will be glad when RCCI makes a public decision and puts all of us at ease.

I know everybody is stating what they are hearing when they call and reading online, but all of the info is so conflicting:confused: . It's not our fault; it's what we are being told. I just wish RCCI would announce something soon.

It looks like Galveston didn't take the hit from Rita that they were expecting. Without sounding selfish, I guess that's pretty good news for the cruise lines.

Shay

I called RCCL after reading this post - we have 35 people on the 1/7/06 sailing - and the person I spoke to put me on hold and checked with a supervisor before saying anything (smart). She told me that after checking with her supervisor, the executive office is meeting early this week to make a decision. She said to call back Tuesday or Wednesday and they should have an answer.

We are booked along with Schmellody on the 1-7-06 Grandeur of the Seas out of NO. We look forward to it every day!

I don't care what they do, as long as they don't:

a) Cancel it (unless we have the option of something even better!)

b) SHORTEN IT (WAH!!!)

I am not selfish, either. (Well, maybe just a little.)

We are booked on 1/7/06 sailing also. I called a few minutes ago and spoke to Bob. He stated that a decision should be coming this week. I have to take him at his word (for now). Like all the rest of you, I am hoping for a decision before final payment, which is due Oct 7th.

Thanks for all the info. Hope to see you all onboard!

Archived