Just back on the Pride

jfried8

Hey J -

Looks like you rented a car in Port Canaveral. Can you tell me who you used? How the logistics worked? We are looking at doing that in Dec.

Thanks!

We did! We rented a Camaro Convertible from Hertz and it worked great! We took the shuttle right from the port where it was waiting for us and within 5 minutes we were at the Hertz location. No line as we were the only ship in port and were in our car in a snap. We drove to Orlando where we went to Gatorland and had a blast. We then drove to Cocoa Beach and had a seafood lunch on the water. Everything was great and Port Canaveral was our favorite stop as a result. Nassau...ugh. Freeport......ugh more!

We did! We rented a Camaro Convertible from Hertz and it worked great! We took the shuttle right from the port where it was waiting for us and within 5 minutes we were at the Hertz location. No line as we were the only ship in port and were in our car in a snap. We drove to Orlando where we went to Gatorland and had a blast. We then drove to Cocoa Beach and had a seafood lunch on the water. Everything was great and Port Canaveral was our favorite stop as a result. Nassau...ugh. Freeport......ugh more!

Great! Thanks so much! :)

We just got back today. Didn't enjoy Nassau although we didn't plan anything. We just walked to the Queens steps and the fort. It was a hot walk and not a great area. Got back on the boat which was pretty empty and enjoyed the empty pools. Freeport we did the Western Heritage and Snorkel. Best excursion ever. I highly recommend it. If you have any questions let me know. If you are going to Freeport, there's nothing at the port except for some stalls and two restaurant / bars. Nothing else is in walking distance. You have to take some cab or shuttle to do anything.

We just got back today. Didn't enjoy Nassau although we didn't plan anything. We just walked to the Queens steps and the fort. It was a hot walk and not a great area. Got back on the boat which was pretty empty and enjoyed the empty pools. Freeport we did the Western Heritage and Snorkel. Best excursion ever. I highly recommend it. If you have any questions let me know. If you are going to Freeport, there's nothing at the port except for some stalls and two restaurant / bars. Nothing else is in walking distance. You have to take some cab or shuttle to do anything.

Was this excursion through Carnival!? What did you like most about it?

Edited by crazycruzer68

I'm on this same cruise 10/11/15 and in the same room you had. I was thinking about renting a car in port Canaveral. My ship gets in at 7:00 am, did your cruise get in that early? Did you have to wait until later to get your pick-up or was that early okay with Hertz?

I'm on this same cruise 10/11/15 and in the same room you had. I was thinking about renting a car in port Canaveral. My ship gets in at 7:00 am, did your cruise get in that early? Did you have to wait until later to get your pick-up or was that early okay with Hertz?

Jfried and Bob -

I'm looking to rent a car at Port Canaveral also. And since your convertible looks so fun, my sister and I might just get a convertible too. I think compared to the cost of the beach shuttles, a car rental isn't much more and allows so much flexibility.

Also funny, is that we all have Suite 4237!

I've had it before and also have it for the 12/26 NYE sailing, along with the adjoining cabin.

And Rob, I'll be on the 10/11 Pride sailing when you'll be in it. Take good care of it. Fingers crossed that the vibration is really bad!

We got in at 11 and the Hertz van was waiting for us!