Transportation to POM

onebzemom

We are booked at Hyatt Place MIA Doral before our Splendor cruise in January from POM.

Trying to decide what to do about rental car. Return at MIA? Then get ride from airport for 6?

Return car at location near Port after dropping off luggage and 5 people. Then take taxi back to port?

Return car the night before at airport and get taxi from hotel in the morning of cruise?

Not sure which will be the easiest and least amount of effort.

We will have all our errands done by then. As we are flying into Tampa. Visiting with family and driving through the Everglades before cruise.

Thanks for the help.

Who are you renting from? :confused:

National, Alamo & Thrifty (and maybe Enterprise :confused:) offer a free shuttle from the MIA car rental center to POM. Renting from one of these I would drop the car at MIA and all 6 of you ride the shuttle

Avis, Budget and Hertz are located in downtown Miami - close to POM, maybe a $12 cab ride. Renting from one of these I would drop the others at POM and then one of you return the car and cab back to the port.

For 6 plus bags you'll need two cabs - from MIA to POM the cab fare is $27+tip.

Who are you renting from? :confused:

National, Alamo & Thrifty (and maybe Enterprise :confused:) offer a free shuttle from the MIA car rental center to POM. Renting from one of these I would drop the car at MIA and all 6 of you ride the shuttle

Avis, Budget and Hertz are located in downtown Miami - close to POM, maybe a $12 cab ride. Renting from one of these I would drop the others at POM and then one of you return the car and cab back to the port.

For 6 plus bags you'll need two cabs - from MIA to POM the cab fare is $27+tip.

Thank you for your reply.

I haven' booked a rental car yet because of the options. Still trying to figure out the best way.

You mentioned two cabs. Hmmmm Could we get a cab 'van' and all ride together for the same $27.00?

Thanks for the help.

You mentioned two cabs. Hmmmm Could we get a cab 'van' and all ride together for the same $27.00?

6 plus bags and the driver will be a tight squeeze - especially if any in your group pack like my wife. :o