Internet, buy now or on ship?

What are the pros and cons of pre-buying the internet package? I know you could potentially save a day's charges by waiting until the first sea day to buy but I was wondering if there are usually any discounts offered on board? First time cruiser so no special loyalty rewards coming my way. Also just in a balcony room so no suite discount possibilities either.

Will be on Navigator out of Galveston if that matters. Price is $20/day for one simultaneous login, and $30/day for two devices.

What are the pros and cons of pre-buying the internet package? I know you could potentially save a day's charges by waiting until the first sea day to buy but I was wondering if there are usually any discounts offered on board? First time cruiser so no special loyalty rewards coming my way. Also just in a balcony room so no suite discount possibilities either.

Will be on Navigator out of Galveston if that matters. Price is $20/day for one simultaneous login, and $30/day for two devices.

I can't think of a reason to book in advance.

Some people don't like to have a bill at the end of the cruise but that's not important to me. I'd rather keep my money as long as possible.

There have been reports of onboard specials but I believe they are offered part way through the cruise. If you need it for the entire cruise I suspect that you will need to pay full price.

Although it can't hurt to ask for a credit for the remaining days if they offer a better per day price later in the cruise.

Edited by LibertyCruiser

I wasn't aware you could purchase in advance. We just logged on once onboard, picked our plan, and set up our account log on/password. It automatically applied our discount and we were surfing the net. It probably took all of three minutes.

I wasn't aware you could purchase in advance. We just logged on once onboard, picked our plan, and set up our account log on/password. It automatically applied our discount and we were surfing the net. It probably took all of three minutes.

They've added it to the items one can purchase (excursions, drink packages, etc) prior to leaving

It's been 4 years since I last cruised with RCI so my upcoming cruise isn't an obb. Does anyone know if I will have any C&A discounts coming my way? I was going to purchase the internet prior to the cruise, but now I just may wait. Thanks!

Diana

Edited by kirkaliciasmom

It's been 4 years since I last cruised with RCI so my upcoming cruise isn't an obb. Does anyone know if I will have any C&A discounts coming my way? I was going to purchase the internet prior to the cruise, but now I just may wait. Thanks!

Diana

If you are a member of Crown & Anchor, there is an internet discount for Gold level members. Currently, you can only get the C&A discount when you purchase on board.

There's frequently a boarding day sign up discount. If you are a C&A member that is deducted too.

Linda

I often see this remark about Internet, or drink packages etc. What kind of cruises are these first day discounts offered on? I've never noticed them, and now I don't know if I'm oblivious or just unlucky to sail on cruises that don't offer them.

I often see this remark about Internet, or drink packages etc. What kind of cruises are these first day discounts offered on? I've never noticed them, and now I don't know if I'm oblivious or just unlucky to sail on cruises that don't offer them.

We saw first day specialty restaurant discounts on Enchantment last week.