Post-Cruise Question

maren91

Interested in some opinions about having a mini post cruise vacation. We will be on a 7 night cruise this January w/ one pre-cruise night. When we get off I am considering booking a three night trip to Atlantis (good deals d/t off season) have never been and always wanted to see but I am concerned me and SO will be exhausted after getting off the cruise and ready to head home? Has anyone done a mini trip after getting off a cruise?

I have not done a trip after our cruise but I can tell you after our first cruise I had never felt more rested. There seems to be alot more stress that goes along with land vacations. My husband and I both say we will never go on a vacation again without making it a cruise vacation. I would go on short trips, a few days, but not 7-10.

I say go for it! You will need the "pick me up" from those "post cruise blues"!

I say go for it! You will need the "pick me up" from those "post cruise blues"!

I agree completely! I've been back since Sunday and am still suffering those "blues"! :(

Having either a post-cruise something planned or another cruise in the works seems to help ease the pain.... :D

We always like to book a post cruise night before flying home. A-3 night mini trip sounds ideal. You can have a lot of your clothes laundered onboard the ship, that way you aren't packing for 2 trips, since most of the daytime clothing needs will be the same. I'm never anxious to get back home and deal with real life after a cruise.

This could be addicting!

We cruised this past January and one of our stops was Nassau. The weather was warm and beautiful, I would say in the low 80's.

Our ship docked right across from Atlantis, so we had a great view of the hotel. I wanted to tour, but the rest of my group, just wanted to relax and walk around.

My boss has been to Atlantis and said it's gorgeous, but expensive.

I agree about post-cruise blues. I missed someone leaving me my next day's itinerary and a chocolate on my pillow;)

Archived