Breakaway advice needed

madjami

We will be taking our first cruise on the breakaway in September. Looking for any advice on what to do or what we should know about cruising. We have a balcony room and have the unlimited beverage package. Any advice anyone has on what to do in Bermuda would be great as well.

Thank you for any help or advice you can give us!

I would say to try and make as many reservations in advance. (Dinners and entertainment). You do this on Myncl.com. Also download the iconceirge app on your phone at home. The first time we went on the Breakaway we did not plan in advance and wound up eating at late times. We are now sailing on the Breakaway on 8/30 and have all our reservations in place. Once we are on board the first thing we will do is make changes to any reservations we are not happy with. It is a beautiful ship- Enjoy!!!

We will be taking our first cruise on the breakaway in September. Looking for any advice on what to do or what we should know about cruising. We have a balcony room and have the unlimited beverage package. Any advice anyone has on what to do in Bermuda would be great as well.

Thank you for any help or advice you can give us!

Check the Bermuda board. There is a lot of great advice. Bermuda is a great place. Breakaway is a fun ship with something always going on.

I would say to try and make as many reservations in advance. (Dinners and entertainment). You do this on Myncl.com. Also download the iconceirge app on your phone at home. The first time we went on the Breakaway we did not plan in advance and wound up eating at late times. We are now sailing on the Breakaway on 8/30 and have all our reservations in place. Once we are on board the first thing we will do is make changes to any reservations we are not happy with. It is a beautiful ship- Enjoy!!!

This was the best advice I received. This is my first time on NCL (leaving this Sunday :) ). I booked dinner @ 7PM for every night but one because we're planning on going to Harbor Nights in Bermuda on Wednesday so I booked something earlier (almost a late lunch). I only booked one show (I'm a little disappointed that you to pay for some of the entertainment), but we have the UDP so I'm all taken care of.

I've got the iConceirge app all loaded on my phone as does my sister. I assume we can use that to text each other throughout the ship.

4 days!!

Just off the BAW:

Book your dining /shows in advance. You could not get a table if you did not make reservations prior to boarding. Our ship was full 4800 people, so maybe that had something to do with it, but let me tell you, having a reservation was the only way you could get into the specialty restaurants.

Bermuda: Elbow beach resort, you can google 'resorts for a day' and book on line in advance. The best private beach on the island, in my opinion.

Somerset sports, book a Boston whaler boat for 4 hours and find your very own private beach. Awesome!

Which entertainment requires an extra fee?

Will also be on your sailing and am getting concerned about the potentially unfavorable weather conditions in the Bermuda area

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

Only entertainment that is extra fee is the Cirque Dreams and dinner jungle fantasy show. It's like $25pp.